Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Jane, have you ever considered a houseboat? I looked at some nice ones in Portland, Oregon, where my son lives.

Here's one:
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...81067554_zpid/

Like everything else in Portland, it has doubled in price in 5 years.
    dont those things require crap tons of $ for maintenance?

Besides, Jane couldn't move her grand piano there. Or she would have to place it carefully, with balance on the other side.

I watched an episode of the great British interior design show where they decorated a houseboat. There were many issues about loading stuff onto it.

I don't know about maintenance, good question. I have seen them with pianos, but they were uprights, so don't know that either.

I could live in the Portland one, that's for sure--well, I could if I had smaller dogs. Not with these two.

My son's in-laws have a Newfoundland on theirs.

Jane, have you ever considered a houseboat? I looked at some nice ones in Portland, Oregon, where my son lives.

Here's one:
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...81067554_zpid/

Like everything else in Portland, it has doubled in price in 5 years.
    I've only briefly considered houseboats--lots of lovely views there, for sure. That one is certainly cozy, and the price is right. I'd be concerned about storms and maintaining qa float.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    dont those things require crap tons of $ for maintenance?

Besides, Jane couldn't move her grand piano there. Or she would have to place it carefully, with balance on the other side.

I watched an episode of the great British interior design show where they decorated a houseboat. There were many issues about loading stuff onto it.
    Piano? I am the least musical person, ever. A piano is one of the few things I don't have, although I entertained the idea of a keyboard with synthesized instruments for a brief time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Piano? I am the least musical person, ever. A piano is one of the few things I don't have, although I entertained the idea of a keyboard with synthesized instruments for a brief time.
    I was just kidding there.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I was just kidding there.
    See--I have a tin ear!

I do have a piano and will probably have another one in the next year, and it sure is a problem--they take up a lot of space, that is for sure.

I do have a piano and will probably have another one in the next year, and it sure is a problem--they take up a lot of space, that is for sure.
    Love my upright Grand!

Me too--I have to move it from my parents house and get it restored, which is going to cost a fortune.

The 7 foot grand is my husband's and he can't let go of it.

I don't want to let go of my upright (it's a Steinway Vertegrand, maybe that's what you have?) but he doesn't want to let go of the Baldwin, which is actually the nicest piano I have ever played. The action is SO nice.

But the Steinway was a present from my mom for Christmas one year.

When we moved, I spent a few months trying to "sell" my old upright. It had been my childhood piano and moved from house to house. Finally, a young lady gave me $75 for it. I have seen ads for free pianos here so I guess they are too expensive for some to move to consider keeping.

Thread Information