Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving

It's not a style I like, even when it's somewhere like Winnetka. That would such an odd house in Florida.

I'd keep looking, but maybe I just can't deal with Tudor on a lagoon.

I don't like the white tile floors, but if you put cypress or pine in there, this would be pretty:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...3577764_zpid/?

It has a pool and is waterfront on a canal.

I will say I love that Jaguar S car parked in front of it. Thatís my Favorite car and model.

I know where that is! I used to work on Cooper St.

Um, please no offense intended - but would this be your final house purchase? I know the elevator makes things easier when you are aging, but all the rest...do you think you could keep it up? It's a lot of house! It does have character, and would never be considered a developer *box* house, one of many cookie cutter hom es all built alike. However, for me, just a tad too much character .

Alos, things in that price point seem to sell rather quickly. Why seemingly a long time listed?

I would pass and keep looking for a home that both you and your wife love right away.

We are not buying that house. Today was the first time we saw it. The wife did like it, she likes houses that are different. I think she is over it now.

We really just started looking around and are just curious on what’s out there. There was a house that I was interested in that came up for sale, but it sold in a week. The nicer homes that are priced right sell pretty quickly. I would actually prefer a home on the golf club where I’m a member. The club is putting in 9 million in improvements next year, should be nice.

English or German, I call it Tudor. I always wanted a Tudor house, with a weeping willow and a wishing well. (Hmm.. I feel like I'm a salesperson for W hotels).

It's beautiful, but I agree with Tybee, it doesn't scream Florida to me. But who cares? It looks like a great house. ETA: I just saw your previous post where that house is not in the running anymore.

I stayed for a week in Ocean Reef, Key Largo, with some college friends a couple of years ago, and it's almost a different culture from a housing perspective. They ALL had these beautiful lanais with pools within steps of the kitchen, all screened in. So foreign to NE architecture. But I could get used to that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Dmc, I got exhausted just imagining the work to maintain it on a daily basis. Add in some landscaping and regular daily gardening... This won't be your final home unless you are planning on hiring a lot of maintenance staff in comng years.

I bought my little house with the idea of living in it for the next 25 years and fixed it to suit that goal. Living near water or golf could be included in this goal.

Your agenda may well be totally different, such as, wanting a project to work on for the short term.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

We currently have lawn care people, so that’s not a big deal, I’d rather be doing something else than working in the yard. But it’s still to big and I’d rather not have two stories, even if it does have a elevator.

We just started looking, and may just stay where we are.

Nice bones, but would definitely need some updating.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I don't like the white tile floors, but if you put cypress or pine in there, this would be pretty:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...3577764_zpid/?

It has a pool and is waterfront on a canal.
    we do plan on looking at that one. It doesn’t have much water frontage. That may limit the size of boat I could buy.

Thread Information