Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving

I like this one. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...3578017_zpid/?

but the wife doesn’t like the lanei , says it’s to small. And the house is quite a bit smaller than our current home.

Im already tired of house hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I like this one. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...3578017_zpid/?

but the wife doesn’t like the lanei , says it’s to small. And the house is quite a bit smaller than our current home.

Im already tired of house hunting.
    The boat dock is really nice. And that house is nice looking.

I guess it depends on how many people you entertain at once. Since moving to 1400 sq ft we can’t have more than 10 guests for a sit down dinner. In summer we use the outside patios and have 20. I have a friend that has to entertain 100 people for her husband’s job so requires a big home. We can entertain more in the house if we do it buffet style.

We finally have a contract on a house. It’s a little larger than we need, 2500’, but it’s in a good location. Now hopefully we can get a good price for ours, I really don’t want to own two homes for long.

And I can start looking for a new boat to put in the backyard.

The wife is already making plans for changes, new paint, bathroom remodel, landscaping, new flooring, light fixtures, appliances, countertops, blinds, and extend the dock. Hopefully I can keep her from moving to many walls around. I think she watches to many of those home improvement shows on TV.

We don’t close for a while so I have time to start looking for contractors to start the work. In the past I would do much of it myself, but these days I’m more of a supervisor.

We finally have a contract on a house. It’s a little larger than we need, 2500’, but it’s in a good location. Now hopefully we can get a good price for ours, I really don’t want to own two homes for long.

The wife is already making plans for changes, new paint, bathroom remodel, landscaping, new flooring, light fixtures, appliances, countertops, blinds, and extend the dock. Hopefully I can keep her from moving to many walls around. I think she watches to many of those home improvement shows on TV.

We don’t close for a while so I have time to start looking for contractors to start the work. In the past I would do much of it myself, but these days I’m more of a supervisor.
    Congrats and good luck!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's great news, dmc, hope the planning is fun for all.

Congrats on the new home! Best of luck on the walls

Enjoy the new place -- and whatever it becomes -- and the new boat!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

It sounds as though you have found a perfect spot to enjoy.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

How exciting! So good to hear this happy ending! Renovations are overwhelming at times, but really fun, too, especially if you aren't doing the labor!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information