Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving

Hopefully the Seas won’t raise to much in the next 20 years or so. The houses around here are 9’-10’ above sea level. I’ll be 63 in a few months so after that i probably won’t be around anyway. Or at least not living here.

Remodeling a house is so much fun!

Well we have a contract on our house, so pending a home inspection we should close on the house we are living in about 2 weeks after closing on our new house. So that should work out OK. They are paying cash, so they said they can be a little flexible if need be.

Seams like things are going together ok. It’s nice not having to worry about owning two homes.

Wow! That was fast! Good for you and your wife.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Here is a link to the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...43576425_zpid/

So far the plans are new bathrooms, kitchen, all new flooring, light fixures, paint inside and out. Some walls are going to be removed. Maybe pavers around the pool or at least new paint. We are going to have the dock and lift removed and new concrete dock about 70’ long. Also new waterlines since everything is going to be opened up. My understanding is the original copper pipes can leak over time.

And new landscaping, and sidewalk down to the dock.

We may be renting a VRBO for a while. At least it’s cheap to rent down here in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Here is a link to the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...43576425_zpid/

So far the plans are new bathrooms, kitchen, all new flooring, light fixures, paint inside and out. Some walls are going to be removed. Maybe pavers around the pool or at least new paint. We are going to have the dock and lift removed and new concrete dock about 70’ long. Also new waterlines since everything is going to be opened up. My understanding is the original copper pipes can leak over time.

And new landscaping, and sidewalk down to the dock.

We may be renting a VRBO for a while. At least it’s cheap to rent down here in the off season.
    It's a beautiful house, and what a great location on the water/canals! Having lived in the NE my whole life, lanais with in-ground pools are strange and wonderful things to me.

BTW, how are you doing the concrete dock and how much is it? We have a very old concrete dock in our neighborhood that is dire need of repair. Just curious. We'll probably just patch it up somehow, but would love to really upgrade it so it's attractive as well as functional.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Are those canal things all over Florida or is there just a particular area where they are? I ask because I’ve noticed them before but I can’t remember where I was looking at real estate online.

I like the canals in Venice California because the architecture can be charming and the canals are historic. There are only two or three short canals in Venice though.

Are those canal things all over Florida or is there just a particular area where they are? I ask because I’ve noticed them before but I can’t remember where I was looking at real estate online.

I like the canals in Venice California because the architecture can be charming and the canals are historic. There are only two or three short canals in Venice though.

Beautiful house! So much cheaper than here.

I love the pool and hot tub with the beautiful view.

Thread Information