Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Thinking of moving

  1. #61
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Jane, have you ever considered a houseboat? I looked at some nice ones in Portland, Oregon, where my son lives.

    Here's one:
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...81067554_zpid/


    Like everything else in Portland, it has doubled in price in 5 years.
    dont those things require crap tons of $ for maintenance?

    Besides, Jane couldn't move her grand piano there. Or she would have to place it carefully, with balance on the other side.

    I watched an episode of the great British interior design show where they decorated a houseboat. There were many issues about loading stuff onto it.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,409
    I don't know about maintenance, good question. I have seen them with pianos, but they were uprights, so don't know that either.

    I could live in the Portland one, that's for sure--well, I could if I had smaller dogs. Not with these two.

    My son's in-laws have a Newfoundland on theirs.

  3. #63
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Jane, have you ever considered a houseboat? I looked at some nice ones in Portland, Oregon, where my son lives.

    Here's one:
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...81067554_zpid/


    Like everything else in Portland, it has doubled in price in 5 years.
    I've only briefly considered houseboats--lots of lovely views there, for sure. That one is certainly cozy, and the price is right. I'd be concerned about storms and maintaining qa float.

  4. #64
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,211
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    dont those things require crap tons of $ for maintenance?

    Besides, Jane couldn't move her grand piano there. Or she would have to place it carefully, with balance on the other side.

    I watched an episode of the great British interior design show where they decorated a houseboat. There were many issues about loading stuff onto it.
    Piano? I am the least musical person, ever. A piano is one of the few things I don't have, although I entertained the idea of a keyboard with synthesized instruments for a brief time.

  5. #65
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,452
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Piano? I am the least musical person, ever. A piano is one of the few things I don't have, although I entertained the idea of a keyboard with synthesized instruments for a brief time.
    I was just kidding there.

  6. #66
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,211
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I was just kidding there.
    See--I have a tin ear!

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,409
    I do have a piano and will probably have another one in the next year, and it sure is a problem--they take up a lot of space, that is for sure.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I do have a piano and will probably have another one in the next year, and it sure is a problem--they take up a lot of space, that is for sure.
    Love my upright Grand!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •