Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I've always dressed like Maynard G Krebs, and I share his work ethic
    Jane, if you move to Portland, you have to wear thrift store vintage rock band shirts, you know that, right?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

DH is still a MAGA guy... and he makes me think about how we are all living in a bubble if we think it's obvious Trump is not fit to be president.

My own dearly beloved praised the withdrawal from Syria; he told me that he's the only president that has fulfilled all his campaign promises; and the only reason I hate Trump is because I'm still upset about Hillary losing (not so--I'm still mad at Hillary for sabotaging Bernie, so I have no love affair with the Clintons).

I read an article about Why People Love Trump. The article was posted on FB by a friend of mine who is conservative, but I think he deleted it, because I can't find it. The article said that basically people love Trump because they are tired of the "liberal elite calling the shots" and they LIKE the attitude of a Ulysses S. Grant renegade, breaking all the rules of engagement.

It's OK to break the rules, but to what end? That's the question. I'm not against a New Guard by any means, but not one that destroys all the safeguards of earth, air, water; betrays allies; divides the country and pays homage only the image of the Commander Himself. At least Grant was committed to the Union.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Tell your husband that Trump has not fulfilled all of his campaign from promises because he promised to balance the budget and then some, and he hasn’t even come close. Not that any of them in the White House ever will do it, but yeah Donald. Do this one thing and I will vote for you.

I noticed that people in Europe dress up more than we do. One explanation was that in bigger cities everyone lives in apartments so the only way to show your wealth was through your clothes. Clothes were important to my mom not so much for my dad. I am not talking designer. I come from a blue collar family that wanted better for their kids. However, many blue collar jobs pay better.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I noticed that people in Europe dress up more than we do. One explanation was that in bigger cities everyone lives in apartments so the only way to show your wealth was through your clothes. Clothes were important to my mom not so much for my dad. I am not talking designer. I come from a blue collar family that wanted better for their kids. However, many blue collar jobs pay better.
    I find it interesting to sit on a plane and see what the people boarding are wearing. In the days even before my time people dressed up for such an occasion like flying in an airplane and now people basically get on in their pajamas.

I agree that if you have no other way to show status, clothes is a great way to do it, which explains why people in low-income areas wear expensive sneakers. You may not be able to afford a Lexus or a McMansion, but you can afford $300 sneakers. The fact that the more affluent will disparage that spending choice shows a lack of understanding of human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Tell your husband that Trump has not fulfilled all of his campaign from promises because he promised to balance the budget and then some, and he hasn’t even come close. Not that any of them in the White House ever will do it, but yeah Donald. Do this one thing and I will vote for you.
    AND Mexico will pay for the wall. He's hijacked the money so far from other programs. He's running our country like it's his business and what he says goes. Laws and processes be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Jane, if you move to Portland, you have to wear thrift store vintage rock band shirts, you know that, right?
    Yikes! What happened to jeans and flannel? I have a Portland friend who pretty much dresses in tie-dye and Grateful Dead tribute shirts, but I didn't realize it was a requirement. I've got the thrift store part down pat already. (And though I'm definitely pro-facial hair, I'm not looking to date anyone with a hipster beard. )

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I noticed that people in Europe dress up more than we do. .
    How I dress for a flight depends on my mood. If I don't feel chatty, I wear a tie-dye T-shirt and jeans. No one ever tries to strike up a conversation regardless of how they are dressed. If I'm open to chatting I'll wear slacks and a nice shirt/shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Relax Rob no one mistook you for anyone other than a “ dump
    Trump by any means necessary” person.
    With good reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    How I dress for a flight depends on my mood. If I don't feel chatty, I wear a tie-dye T-shirt and jeans. No one ever tries to strike up a conversation regardless of how they are dressed. If I'm open to chatting I'll wear slacks and a nice shirt/shoes.
    I'm wondering why the expectation of chatter matters? People can see you without talking with you (no judgement on the outfit, just the rationale?)

And you're right. I, personally, very rarely want to talk to people on the flight, but that has no influence at all on how I dress. I usually dress "business casual" because a) I've usually taken a shower before getting on the plane to avoid offending anyone and I want to follow up with a "nice" outfit, and b) I just feel there is a level above beach or TV loungewear that I think is appropriate for travel. I'm probably old-fashioned in that regard.

Thread Information