Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

I welcome my hate
    Trees don't grow on money

Here we are on the 54th page of discussion! Impeachment is quite a lively topic.

The New York Times 11/17/2019 reported that Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) and Sean Hannity (FOX) anchor cable news from competing studios on opposite sides of The Avenue of the Americas, "roughly 1,000 feet apart". They simultaneously deliver irreconcilable versions of the current state of the impeachment process.

A sign of the times? Not really. In 1868 (during the impeachment of President Johnson), the media coverage was just as skewed.

We might, as Americans, agree that we disagree. We might despise what is said to advance one party or another, yet vow that we would defend each other's right to free expression.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Here we are on the 54th page of discussion! Impeachment is quite a lively topic.

The New York Times 11/17/2019 reported that Rachel Maddow (MSNBC) and Sean Hannity (FOX) anchor cable news from competing studios on opposite sides of The Avenue of the Americas, "roughly 1,000 feet apart". They simultaneously deliver irreconcilable versions of the current state of the impeachment process.

A sign of the times? Not really. In 1868 (during the impeachment of President Johnson), the media coverage was just as skewed.

We might, as Americans, agree that we disagree. We might despise what is said to advance one party or another, yet vow that we would defend each other's right to free expression.

I don’t know dado, I don’t have strong faith that All my political opponents will defend my right to free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think you may have accidentally used the wrong word so I fixed it for ya.

See?[/COLOR]
    Feel free to disagree with any of the statements i made about him and explain my inaccuracies. I’m always eager to get a better understanding of trump’s proud boys.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Beyond that, the fact that if he succeeds in avoiding impeachment and removal he will have made it perfectly acceptable for a president to use the powers of the office to do pretty much anything they want without having to worry about personal consequences.
    The likelihood of Trump being removed from office via impeachment seems almost nil at this point. I think his enemies realized that from the start, but hoped to use the process to taint him in advance of next November. They don’t thus far seem to have moved the needle much as far as making him more unpopular than he already was.

As far as the imperial presidency is concerned, after several years of Mr Obama’s pen and phone, it’s hard for me to think that executive power grabs and abuses are all that unique to this incumbent.

I think Trump should be removed from office; but by the voters.rather the political establishment. I don’t think he’s uniquely and historically evil. I just think he’s a lousy president. But that doesn’t seem like enough for the true believers, who seem to insist anyone who disagrees with their rites of exorcism must carry a touch of the devil themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think Trump should be removed from office; but by the voters.rather the political establishment. I don’t think he’s uniquely and historically evil. I just think he’s a lousy president. But that doesn’t seem like enough for the true believers, who seem to insist anyone who disagrees with their rites of exorcism must carry a touch of the devil themselves.
    Very well and accurately said. I couldn't agree more.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Very well and accurately said. I couldn't agree more.
    And I don’t think that makes you one of “Trump’s proud boys”.

The likelihood of Trump being removed from office via impeachment seems almost nil at this point. I think his enemies realized that from the start, but hoped to use the process to taint him in advance of next November. They don’t thus far seem to have moved the needle much as far as making him more unpopular than he already was.

As far as the imperial presidency is concerned, after several years of Mr Obama’s pen and phone, it’s hard for me to think that executive power grabs and abuses are all that unique to this incumbent.

For the record, use (or abuse) of multiple executive orders is not unique to "imperial president" Obama or Trump. It's easy information to verify. It appears it is integral to the position through history and there are worse. I don't know how many of the 10 commandments need to be broken to qualify for evil, but Trump's moral compass is broken. As a president it started the day he stated the crowd at his inauguration and has been followed by a long string of untruths that I have not witnessed since perhaps Nixon. He qualifies in my book as a racist, bully, and routinely denigrates women.

Otherwise I have some agreement.

And I don’t think that makes you one of “Trump’s proud boys”.
    JP1 doesn't believe that either, he's just trying to get under my skin. As my grandmother might have said "Bless his little pea pickin heart".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Seems like lying constantly should be some sort of violation worthy of removal.

Thread Information