Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Rob, I have to admit, that I'm surprised you subscribe to a "dress according to your class" protocol. What does that even mean? It honestly doesn't compute for me. So, am I doomed to a life of Ann Taylor (befitting my class as a middle-class, college educated, descendant of a Blue Blood), or can I indulge in Versace, or conversely, Converse?

I was reading the book ReWild or Die by Peter Michael Bauer, aka Urban Scout, who is a forager, rewilder, and activist, but he gets bashed for dressing like a Portland hipster. He actually has a great chapter on dressing according to your subculture, and how the comments he gets about the apparent disconnect between his dress and his life are off the mark and irrelevant.

So what subculture are you aspiring to represent with your costume prepared for the impeachment?
    Basically, much of Austria - Other than it's involvement in the Holocaust - works for me. Much of America does not. Other than my Mother, the family I do have that speaks to me is all in Austria. It's not as far out there as some think that I would adopt Austrian thinking over American. But I will say that Austria's role in the Holocaust I have issues with and this puts it too mildly. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if you think dressing in a button up shirt, jeans and boat shoes is dressing above your station, how do you ususally dress?
    Secondhand Jean's, very faded, t shirts, secondhand shoes. Clean shaven and bathed but downscale. One piece of men's Mexican silver jewelry for a statement. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Secondhand Jean's, very faded, t shirts, secondhand shoes. Clean shaven and bathed but downscale. One piece of men's Mexican silver jewelry for a statement. Rob
    OK, thanks. But honestly, I don't see the difference.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    OK, thanks. Buthonestly, I don't see the difference.
    Basically downscale casual as opposed to upscale. Now for work I dress differently - I'm talking about time off here. Rob

Affectation takes many forms.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Affectation takes many forms.
    ? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Seriously??? All the other stuff does not matter?
    If you’ve been following my posts over the nearly two decades I’ve been here, you will know that I am wired for fiscal conservatism. Yes frugal-one, I get to choose the political issue that is most important to me just as you may choose the one that’s most important to you.

There seems to be cautious joy in the air of the neighborhood today. I had a nice chat with the Day Lead Cashier at Food City today who was excited about Trump's hole he keeps digging deeper. I stopped on the way to Food City to talk to two neighbors who say they feel relief that this long ordeal likely will soon end. It's nice to see life and animation in people.....the potential heaven ho of a wanna be dictator can do this for some people. Rob

Should be potential heave ho above.....annoying auto correct.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Should be potential heave ho above.....annoying auto correct.
    Do you not have the Edit Post function available to you on the devices you use?

Thread Information