Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 430

Thread: Impeachment?

  1. #341
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Primarily the requirement to purchase a product you may not want, but also the military intervention in Libya, violation of the Takings and Due Processes clauses during the Chrysler bailout along with a host of others, take your pick.
    You didn't answer who you were referring to.

  2. #342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Really, what's different in your secluded zip code now that he's no longer President? Were you less prepared to abandon the US for greener pastures or hate the police less during his administration? Did the government provide you with more gifts to show the value of your citizenship?
    Yes, there were laws in place to pay people properly.. not allow big business to run roughshod over employees. Laws that trump has eliminated or lowered. There are MANY more instances. This one, speaks volumes however. Ask me how I know, .... I enforced those rules!

  3. #343
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Yes, there were laws in place to pay people properly.. not allow big business to run roughshod over employees. Laws that trump has eliminated or lowered. There are MANY more instances. This one, speaks volumes however. Ask me how I know, .... I enforced those rules!
    Please elaborate. Are you talking laws, duly crafted, voted upon by both houses of congress and signed by a chief executive or are you talking about regulations created by governmental entities not accountable to the people?

    It's important to know the difference because a President cannot unilaterally change a law, but a President may use executive authority to change the influence governmental entities may try to exert upon you or I.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  4. #344
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,038
    Impeachment......it'd a joyous thing where I live as it seems Mulvaney's testimony is going to divide this society like nothing since the Civil War. (Once any impeachment proceedings start to be clear). Perhaps there is long term hope that this country will split and divide into separate parts that are more harmonious. It's possible there could be possible long term positive consequences here......though after a very chaotic period. Rob

  5. #345
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,968
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Impeachment......it'd a joyous thing where I live as it seems Mulvaney's testimony is going to divide this society like nothing since the Civil War.
    1) In front of which House Committee or Court did Mulvaney testify? Did they drag him in recently?

    2) Why would it be a joyous thing to divide our society "like nothing since the Civil War"? I mean, WTF dude.

  6. #346
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,038
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    1) In front of which House Committee or Court did Mulvaney testify? Did they drag him in recently?

    2) Why would it be a joyous thing to divide our society "like nothing since the Civil War"? I mean, WTF dude.
    I don't believe America is fundamentally strong enough to withstand this level of division long term. Perhaps it would be for the best if Ametica split into more homogeneous parts. Rob

  7. #347
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,968
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Perhaps it would be for the best if Ametica split into more homogeneous parts. Rob
    How would you do this? Some sort of ethnic cleansing?

    Have you looked at the precinct-by-precinct maps of the USA? It's not like there are really huge red and huge blue areas.... We all live side by side with people who are different from us.

  8. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't believe America is fundamentally strong enough to withstand this level of division long term. Perhaps it would be for the best if Ametica split into more homogeneous parts. Rob
    This statement betrays a certain innocence of historical perspective. Where are the riots, the strikes, the bombings and lynchings and political killings of yesteryear? People anonymously insulting each other on the internet hardly compares to some of the more rigorous intramural conflicts this country has endured in the past.

    Most people in every part of this country go through their daily lives without giving all that much thought to politics. The chance of some great separatist conflict breaking America up into so many Bosnias and Montenegros seems pretty remote to me.

  9. #349
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,911
    Splitting up this country would be a disaster. Look at how horrible the civil war was. On a related note trump now wants to hold the G7 summit at his resort. Shockingly it was picked from a pool of 20 places. He is getting more brazen about breaking the law.

  10. #350
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Splitting up this country would be a disaster. Look at how horrible the civil war was. On a related note trump now wants to hold the G7 summit at his resort. Shockingly it was picked from a pool of 20 places. He is getting more brazen about breaking the law.
    Hunh?Is there a law against holding a G7 summit in the United States? And at a Trump property?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •