Page 34 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do you not have the Edit Post function available to you on the devices you use?
    On my phone when I try to edit, the software deletes the whole post. It's very annoying so I post my corrections below my posts. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If you’ve been following my posts over the nearly two decades I’ve been here, you will know that I am wired for fiscal conservatism. Yes frugal-one, I get to choose the political issue that is most important to me just as you may choose the one that’s most important to you.
    I truly don't think you can vote by choosing only one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I truly don't think you can vote by choosing only one issue.
    I think fiscal conservatism is a sort of meta-issue that covers a lot of ground. Requiring government to live within it’s means forces an overall level of constraint on the degree to which it can control the individual in all kinds of areas.

If you have to pick one thing as your criteria, that’s a pretty good one.

I suppose if fiscal conservatism was my key top issue and neither of the candidates who could win the election were fiscally conservative i’d probably pick a secondarily important issue. Not helping to elect a man who actively sh*ts on the constitution would probably be that secondary priority for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I suppose if fiscal conservatism was my key top issue and neither of the candidates who could win the election were fiscally conservative i’d probably pick a secondarily important issue. Not helping to elect a man who actively sh*ts on the constitution would probably be that secondary priority for me.
    Remember when many of our members used to complain about that document a small group of evil white males who owned slaves wrote and called a constitution, and how it was out-dated and needed to be replaced? Something about it not restraining individuals the way they'd like because it was too busy restraining government. I know that was when we had the greatest President ever running roughshod over it, but still, good times huh?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Remember when many of our members used to complain about that document a small group of evil white males who owned slaves wrote and called a constitution, and how it was out-dated and needed to be replaced? Something about it not restraining individuals the way they'd like because it was too busy restraining government. I know that was when we had the greatest President ever running roughshod over it, but still, good times huh?
    Who are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think fiscal conservatism is a sort of meta-issue that covers a lot of ground. Requiring government to live within it’s means forces an overall level of constraint on the degree to which it can control the individual in all kinds of areas.

If you have to pick one thing as your criteria, that’s a pretty good one.
    Not a good way to decide IMO. I do also think there should be some laws enforceable or else we have the wild west. (like now)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Who are you referring to?
    Primarily the requirement to purchase a product you may not want, but also the military intervention in Libya, violation of the Takings and Due Processes clauses during the Chrysler bailout along with a host of others, take your pick.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Primarily the requirement to purchase a product you may not want, but also the military intervention in Libya, violation of the Takings and Due Processes clauses during the Chrysler bailout along with a host of others, take your pick.
    Obama? Not a day goes by that I don't miss the Obama years. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Obama? Not a day goes by that I don't miss the Obama years. Rob
    Really, what's different in your secluded zip code now that he's no longer President? Were you less prepared to abandon the US for greener pastures or hate the police less during his administration? Did the government provide you with more gifts to show the value of your citizenship?

Thread Information