Page 59 of 117 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm so excited! Today Democrats are supposed to announce Articles of Impeachment. Too bad I'm working all day. This has Presidente shots with a few neighbors written all over it. Anything legal to remove The Orange Threat To Civilized Life. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm looking forward now to a possible result of all this foolishness, imagine Trump being impeached by the House and then the Senate fails to convict. Trump then rides a wave of sympathy to a second term while the Democrats maintain a slim lead in the House. They use their advantage to exercise a collective fit of pique to begin the process again and history is made as Trump is the only President to be impeached twice without tangible result. I wonder if the Democratic party could withstand that.
    Interesting prediction. Mine is that the Senate fails to convict and Donald wears out the phrase "witch hunt" and "no quid pro quo" over and over. Short of some gross criminal act it would be political suicide for the dems to go through another impeachment process, which will give Donald the license to romp through various other illegalities knowing the senate will protect him. It will give Don at least one more get out of jail free card.

Just a few random thoughts as I sit here watching CNN broadcasting The Unveiling:

• Nancy looks tired
    • Nancy looks REALLY tired
    • Donald is going to get re-elected
    • We need to start all over with two brand new parties--the ones we have are over the hill
    • Bernie Sanders actually beats Trump in the polls in several states by a large margin--much larger than any other Democratic candidate--but the Dems won't believe it and they'll never support him as one of their own
    • See Point #3
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If ya want a new party, stop voting for the oldies.

I see the White House is pushing for a speedy Senate trial. I also see that the two articles are focused on the Ukraine rather than the Mueller stuff.

In related news, it looks like the DOJ IG has determined that the DOJ was not biased in launching its various Russia probes, but were merely egregiously stupid in the execution. However, the wider ranging Durham investigation may contradict that conclusion.

I haven't been able to.watch the Dems unveil the Articles of Impeachment but I hope it sticks/works. In the 85006 there is now concern of Donald Trump ordering an invasion of Mexico if reelected. How realistic such is I'm sure could be debated for hours - my point us that the fear is there. Given the declining standard of living in America and relentlessly rising costs, access to Mexico is only going to become more crucial going forward. We as a nation can't afford Donald J Trump.....or any other politician that doesn't understand the reality of my last sentence.....And how many politicians realistically do?

Best we can hope for is removal of The Unfit One Of Orange. Rob

I heard about “Censure” as one possible outcome when some Republicans may find that palatable when they will not impeach. What do ya’ll know about Censure?

Invasion of Mexico.

Alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just a few random thoughts as I sit here watching CNN broadcasting The Unveiling:

• Nancy looks tired
    • Nancy looks REALLY tired
    • Donald is going to get re-elected
    • We need to start all over with two brand new parties--the ones we have are over the hill
    • Bernie Sanders actually beats Trump in the polls in several states by a large margin--much larger than any other Democratic candidate--but the Dems won't believe it and they'll never support him as one of their own
    • See Point #3
    I'm sure these goings on are stressful for Pelosi.....she's got a lot riding on this. It's towards the end of her career and this impeachment, if successful, would earn her name in history books. Plus I do believe Pelosi is a bit practical.....note that she did not jump into impeachment proceedings for quite some time. I think she realizes she's taking a gamble here but is so repulsed by Trump and all that he's about that she's willing to take this chance.

A true patriot in my book - though she's wealthy and doesn't have to join the reverse caravan headed daily to Mexico for affordable medical and dental and optical and now even veterinary care, her actions here may have the side effect of better relations with Mexico, which would be such a relief for some middle class Americans and those below them that never needed to be woke. In my book, you can't get much more patriotic than Nancy Pelosi - a side effect of her actions could be a removal of the fear of the Mexivan border being closed to access for US citizens. Rob

Should be Mexican in the last sentence.

Thread Information