Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1166

Thread: Impeachment?

The thing about Romney is he does not really belong in the current Trump-Republican party in some ways. However noone actually seriously believes he belongs in the Dem party either. He's kind of nowheresville on the current political landscape, but he holds office.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    The thing about Romney is he does not really belong in the current Trump-Republican party in some ways. However noone actually seriously believes he belongs in the Dem party either. He's kind of nowheresville on the current political landscape, but he holds office.
    yes, Mitt belongs in the Republican party as did John McCain. As does Rand Paul.And Susan Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yes, Mitt belongs in the Republican party as did John McCain. As does Rand Paul.And Susan Collins.
    I agree, I've been a Mitt fan for quite some time. He's a little bland in our fairly recent media and political landscape, but I've always thought of him as a good, solid executive, someone who could do well if allowed.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree, I've been a Mitt fan for quite some time. He's a little bland in our fairly recent media and political landscape, but I've always thought of him as a good, solid executive, someone who could do well if allowed.
    I agree, too. I don't agree with his politics but I definitely admire anyone of either party with the courage to stand up to the herd.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    It's frustrating. They're not good at listening. It's just like when my market research clients pay me a lot of money to find out what people want and then they stand there and argue with what people want instead of just giving it to them.

ETA: If I were running a poll (I've never worked as a market researcher in polling so I don't know how political polls are done, frankly), I would take into account three variables: 1) who would they vote for given a choice between A&B, 2) how likely are they to vote and what would be the barriers to voting, and 3) and how strong are their feelings about voting?

I've heard it said that while the "rational" approach is Biden, what will make a difference is how many people actually vote. I would count on the Highly Motivateds to steer the election.
    Just saw a noted Political Scientist on CNN say exactly this--that it won't even matter much who the candidate is, it's all about getting out the vote.

"Bitecofer’s theory, when you boil it down, is that modern American elections are rarely shaped by voters changing their minds, but rather by shifts in who decides to vote in the first place."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-theory-108944
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just saw a noted Political Scientist on CNN say exactly this--that it won't even matter much who the candidate is, it's all about getting out the vote.

"Bitecofer’s theory, when you boil it down, is that modern American elections are rarely shaped by voters changing their minds, but rather by shifts in who decides to vote in the first place."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-theory-108944
    But right now the highly motivated opposition to Trump appears to be divided into a half dozen or so mutually antagonistic camps. Might we see something like 2016, where some Sanders supporters were so embittered at what they thought was game-rigging against their man that they stayed home or voted for other parties?

Could a nasty 2020 primary cycle create such a situation writ large, or will anti-Trump sentiment outweigh internecine feuds?

I hope the anti -Trump brings the Dems all together, but I don't have much faith that it will. Keeping the House, gaining the Senate may stop this madness....but I don't have much faith there either. The number of judges already installed is frightening to me as well. So I just try not to think about any of it and live in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Might we see something like 2016, where some Sanders supporters were so embittered at what they thought was game-rigging against their man that they stayed home or voted for other parties?
    I think the Bernie Bros will re-elect Trump.

Observing the local ones, they are pretty forceful about driving non-believers out of the fold, which I have to think will discourage those folks from participation.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Observing the local ones, they are pretty forceful about driving non-believers out of the fold, which I have to think will discourage those folks from participation.
    I think a lot of those "Bernie Bros" are wittingly or unwittingly working for Russia. I like Bernie, but there are others I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Didn’t James Carville say something recently about the choice between being a major political party or an “ideological cult”? Are the Democrats in danger of repeating the Republicans’ RINO nonsense, except in a sort of self-purging manner?

Thread Information