Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    I believe Rob was referring to Trump insulting Mexico.
    oh ok! Because I was not insulting Mexico.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh ok! Because I was not insulting Mexico.
    Agreed, IL. I was referring to Trump here. I do apologize if this was not clear. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I was reading that people are going to Canada for insulin because they cannot afford it here. I would think that people closer to Mexico would go there.
    Indeed they are. Look at it this way. A year's supply of high blood pressure pills costs $12.96 USD in Algodones. Apply this to other meds and it's understandable why a reverse caravan of sorts is going on. Rob

My post above? This is the price I pay in Los Algodones for a year's supply of 10 MG Amlodipine for high blood pressure. Rob

It's interesting that the articles of impeachment didn't include the poll tested crime of bribery, or any other crime for that matter, but rather seem to be relying on the vagueness of the term "high crimes and misdemeanors". You'd think after 3 years of effort and multiple investigations there'd be more.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Best we can hope for is removal of The Unfit One Of Orange. Rob
    You can hope if you want but realistically you guys have just pretty much guaranteed his re-election. The liberal media got him elected with their wall-to-wall coverage of him in the first election and now the Democratic establishment has taken over by making all non-partisans irritated by their non-stop attempts to get him.

On another note, what's up with your impeachment party and dress up event? Will you celebrate the House's efforts or will it turn into a pity party when he's acquitted in the Senate?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You can hope if you want but realistically you guys have just pretty much guaranteed his re-election. The liberal media got him elected with their wall-to-wall coverage of him in the first election and now the Democratic establishment has taken over by making all non-partisans irritated by their non-stop attempts to get him.

On another note, what's up with your impeachment party and dress up event? Will you celebrate the House's efforts or will it turn into a pity party when he's acquitted in the Senate?
    I don't read the future so I don't know how this will turn out but in the event of an impeachment/kick the sociopath to the curb, a full on Neighborhood Block Party in Pura 85006. I of course will be making a Moroccan stew and using the good plates I earned from scanning retail goods for six months on Shopkick. My musical contribution will be Yes from the 80's, and we have our outfits preplanned and waiting.

In the event of House impeachment only, renewed activism against Trump and all that he stands for - though count me as one of the few in the neighborhood with kind words regarding Trump signing the law making animal cruelty a federal felony.

My take is that there is no sure bet here on either side. I would be making contingency plans for nationwide Trump Dumped celebrations, just in case. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't read the future so I don't know how this will turn out but in the event of an impeachment/kick the sociopath to the curb, a full on Neighborhood Block Party in Pura 85006. I of course will be making a Moroccan stew and using the good plates I earned from scanning retail goods for six months on Shopkick. My musical contribution will be Yes from the 80's, and we have our outfits preplanned and waiting.

In the event of House impeachment only, renewed activism against Trump and all that he stands for - though count me as one of the few in the neighborhood with kind words regarding Trump signing the law making animal cruelty a federal felony.

My take is that there is no sure bet here on either side. I would be making contingency plans for nationwide Trump Dumped celebrations, just in case. Rob
    I would think a vote of the House for impeachment, even if the Senate doesn't agree, would be grounds for a semi-celebration. Like maybe not wearing the outfit above your station, but wearing an outfit OF your station, just one that is nicer than usual. No full blown Moroccan dish, but a dish from the general Mediterranean area. Not 80’s music but 1990’s. Etc.

You know, half measures of celebration for a halfway conducted impeachment. Appropriate but not over the top.

“90’s music instead of 80’s.”

That made me laugh!

I would definitely go to a party if someone else was elected next time, for sure. I might even throw a party, and I am not a party-thrower!

Thread Information