Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Farmers in Wisconsin are committing suicide at a high rate and food stamps are being cut which will effect the working poor, disabled and seniors. I have stocks like many here and of course am happy when they go up. However, I am concerned about the greater good. If people vote against their own interests again there is nothing I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Some of us are simply suspect because we don't actively hate him as much as others think we should.
    I don't hate him. I'm Catholic. I pray for him.
    I do believe that his policies are doing irreparable damage to everything BUT the stock market. Is a high Dow for the 50% of the people who have money in the stock market enough to make up for everything else his administration has done? Yeah, it's the economy, stupid, but if you read behind the numbers, you see a lot of people left behind, and more to follow once the deregulations continue to benefit only the companies and their stockholders.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Well, at least McConnell's constituents will get something out of it, the Clintons got a Russian oligarch to give 145 million to their foundation and an additional 500,000 to Bill for an hour long speech. It must have hurt their pocketbook when all that money dried up after Hillary lost the election.
    You seem to have a trumpian understanding of what foundations spend their money on.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You seem to have a trumpian understanding of what foundations spend their money on.
    Or conversely, I may just have a Clintonian understanding of how to sell influence to bad actors.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

But barely. And since the last election a significant number of suburban women have apparently found him, and republicans in general, to be not worthy of their vote. Since he's done nothing to try and attract anyone to vote for him that didn't vote for him last time it'll be interesting to see how the election plays out, assuming of course that the senate republicans follow Moscow Mitch's lead and completely ignore the evidence when deciding whether he needs to be removed.
    Makes you wonder what might have happened with a bit less self-satisfied sneering, doesn’t it?

The 2020 contest will in large part depend on whether the Democrats can produce a candidate less odious than Trump, or whether they once again snatch defeat from victory.

Or conversely, I may just have a Clintonian understanding of how to sell influence to bad actors.
    If any other president's foundation had been found by a court to be as scammy of a fraud as trump's it would have dominated the news for months. But it barely even made the news for a day and was mostly ignored because absolutely no one is surprised by this.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

The 2020 contest will in large part depend on whether the Democrats can produce a candidate less odious than Trump, or whether they once again snatch defeat from victory.
    Define odious.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I don't hate him. I'm Catholic. I pray for him.
    I do believe that his policies are doing irreparable damage to everything BUT the stock market. Is a high Dow for the 50% of the people who have money in the stock market enough to make up for everything else his administration has done? Yeah, it's the economy, stupid, but if you read behind the numbers, you see a lot of people left behind, and more to follow once the deregulations continue to benefit only the companies and their stockholders.
    You're a better woman than I, Catherine. American economies have traditionally done better under Democrats, but even if they hadn't, I'd take my chances to purge the country of this suppurating sore of a man, whose policies are notable for their cruelty, whose advisers are criminals and neo-Nazis, and whose avid supporters, howl their approval of crude vulgarity at his rallies. I've endured oafs and warmongers--looking at you, W--but this is orders of magnitude worse.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 12-15-19 at 2:39pm.

If any other president's foundation had been found by a court to be as scammy of a fraud as trump's it would have dominated the news for months. But it barely even made the news for a day and was mostly ignored because absolutely no one is surprised by this.
    You think it was ignored? It was investigated by state Attorney's General and eventually shut down under court supervision and all its assets were distributed to court approved charities and Trump paid a $2M judgement.

I think what was ignored was the hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign government donations made to the Secretary Of State's family foundation in violation of State Department rules. The New York Times even opined that it was unclear where the foundation ended and the State Department began. Judicial Watch diligently investigated and the FBI attempted to make a case against the foundation but the investigation was shut down by the Obama Justice Department and everyone chose to forget all about it.

All that aside though, I think the most telling thing was the fact that pretty much all donations foreign and domestic dried up within days of the 2016 election. In it's day, that operation dwarfed the Trump foundation in size and scope and yet no one will take a closer look. Weird huh?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You're a better woman than I, Catherine.
    I'm hoping you got the reference to Nancy Pelosi... although I also don't hate anyone and I'm actually a lapsed Catholic, that quote was used in a tongue-in-cheek way, and seems a little strange if you didn't hear her response to that reporter.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information