Page 25 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    So getting back to impeachment, what do you think of the WH ordering people not to testify or cooperate, calling the proceedings a Kangaroo court etc?
    I think the Democrats are screwing this thing up by not scheduling a vote. I know it's not a necessary component of impeachment but without a majority vote of authorization it comes off seeming like a collection of petulant fascists trying to impose their will. Of course it didn't help that some of them began talking impeachment before Trump even took office.

This foolishness might very well guarantee Trump a second term, and it will serve all of you right.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think the Democrats are screwing this thing up by not scheduling a vote. I know it's not a necessary component of impeachment but without a majority vote of authorization it comes off seeming like a collection of petulant fascists trying to impose their will. Of course it didn't help that some of them began talking impeachment before Trump even took office.

This foolishness might very well guarantee Trump a second term, and it will serve all of you right.
    Came back to add - Alan as into the rule of law you are and how you have repeatedly auto-sided with US police even in the face of mountains of evidence damning them, I must say I'm surprised. May I ask why the free pass for Donald Trump when he's clearly broken the law? (Seeking the assistance of a foreign government to influence the outcome of an election in any way). Why is Trump in your mind not accountable to the rules of law? Rob

Realistically, and I'm far from alone in this, I doubt that there will be a second term. The Ukranian phone call sunk that, much as Bernie Sanders recent heart attack essentially sank his candidacy. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Came back to add - Alan as into the rule of law you are and how you have repeatedly auto-sided with US police even in the face of mountains of evidence damning them, I must say I'm surprised. May I ask why the free pass for Donald Trump when he's clearly broken the law? (Seeking the assistance of a foreign government to influence the outcome of an election in any way). Why is Trump in your mind not accountable to the rules of law? Rob
    I'm not giving him a free pass, I'm disappointed in your side because the democrats are acting like a mob. The very basis of democracy is mob rule, that's why we're a republic.
    The House democrats are only interested in influencing people like you who are ok with mob rule. Who is President for any given term in immaterial if we allow our government to work this way.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

What law did Trump break, Rob?

I'm not giving him a free pass, I'm disappointed in your side because the democrats are acting like a mob. The very basis of democracy is mob rule, that's why we're a republic.
    The House democrats are only interested in influencing people like you who are ok with mob rule. Who is President for any given term in immaterial if we allow our government to work this way.
    Whoah....hold your horses, Sir. Mib rule? Please go back a few pages and read of my take regarding not impeaching Trump due to my concerns such would sink the economy and lead to widespread AI and automation, leading to who knows how many Americans hungry and forced into tent cities. Bae posted something about how Germany once faced a situation of economics vs. the most basic of human rights. I refer to the Holocaust of course. Bae's post and the pleadings of some Guatemalans I know who are legally in the country but who have been harrassed by US CBP regardless led me to change my mind. For awhile I was a lone 85006 holdout not screaming for impeachment. True story.

Point? I did indeed think for myself in spite of pressures not to do so. Surprise! Mob rule does not apply to me in this instance. Sorry. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What law did Trump break, Rob?
    Seeking assistance from a foreign government to influence a US election in any way, shape, or form. In this case, seeking the assistance of the Ukranian President to dig up dirt on Joe Biden and son. Impeachable offense here any way you slice it. Rob

Mob rule does not apply to me in this instance. Sorry. Rob
    Sure it does, every aspect of life you share here reflects as much. You just don't recognize it as such.

Obstruction of justice, conspiring with our enemies to influence an election (hell, conspiring with anyone who will cooperate to influence an election)...Trump makes Nixon look like an amateur. Russia is running the show--from Trump shunning the G7, to holding up aid to Ukraine, to allowing Erdogan to slaughter our Allies in Syria, and probably some s*** I've forgot.

"The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress and he became the judge and jury." --Lindsey Graham, 1998

Sure it does, every aspect of life you share here reflects as much. You just don't recognize it as such.
    OK, Alan, I'll bite. How does taking a stance against the 85006 qualify as participating in mob rule? My take? This time I don't fit in nearly to the space in which you have pigeonholed me. Rob

Thread Information