Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

With every day that passes, the whole thing seems less and less relevant. The House will indict, no matter what the testimony is and no matter if the branding changes from collusion to quid pro quo to the current bribery.

And just as certainly, the Senate will not convict. We will hear many sermons pointing to the onrushing election and saying the issue should be decided by the voters. Various Democratic presidential candidates will need to sit unhappily in their seats like kids in detention, while looking out the window at the electoral playground.

Itís hard to see any changed minds ensuing from this disruption of daytime TV schedules.

"Disruption of daytime TV" is setting the bar extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    "Disruption of daytime TV" is setting the bar extremely low.
    Demosthenes, Cicero and Daniel Webster could not rescue this thing from terminal tediousness. The solons of the contemporary House and Senate seem unlikely to.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    With every day that passes, the whole thing seems less and less relevant. The House will indict, no matter what the testimony is and no matter if the branding changes from collusion to quid pro quo to the current bribery.

And just as certainly, the Senate will not convict.
    Voters getting to watch the republican led senate abdicate their oath of office by placing party above country doesn't seem irrelevant to me.

It'll be interesting in the coming days to learn what the quid pro quo was with the Lebanese aid that was also withheld.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Demosthenes, Cicero and Daniel Webster could not rescue this thing from terminal tediousness. The solons of the contemporary House and Senate seem unlikely to.
    I find the whole thing mildly interesting, regardless of the outcome. I've learned a little, but maybe not a tremendous lot, about politics, politicians, the Ukraine and the democratic process. I suspect the disruption of day time TV programming will affect Trumpsters more than others

I suspect the disruption of day time TV programming will affect Trumpsters more than others
    I think people have odd ideas about those they consider 'Trumpsters' but it is always amusing to see just how confident those folks are of their own superiority. I can't think of a better way to guarantee a Trump win in 2020 and the delicious irony of the Trump haters and 'Trumpster' ridiculers having no one to blame but themselves.

For the record, most here call me a Trumpster, mainly because I don't openly detest anyone and they can't grok that, and I'm looking forward to the disruption. How about you?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    For the record, most here call me a Trumpster, mainly because I don't openly detest anyone and they can't grok that, and I'm looking forward to the disruption. How about you?
    Yes, I'd like to watch at least some of the proceedings and can catch up with news reports on the rest. I suppose things in politics tend to be relative to others, but it is one of the very few impeachment proceedings ever and has historical significance. Personal opinion, I think every voting person would benefit from watching some of the actual events rather than counting on media's versions only. Unfortunately, I plan to go fishing tomorrow and will miss out on some of it..

I suppose things in politics tend to be relative to others, but it is one of the very few impeachment proceedings ever and has historical significance.
    I find it interesting that of the 4 times Presidential impeachment hearings have been held, I've been able to witness parts of 3 of them. I'm not sure if that says something about me or the growing political intolerance in this country.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I think people have odd ideas about those they consider 'Trumpsters' but it is always amusing to see just how confident those folks are of their own superiority. I can't think of a better way to guarantee a Trump win in 2020 and the delicious irony of the Trump haters and 'Trumpster' ridiculers having no one to blame but themselves.

With enemies like that, who needs friends?

I find it interesting that of the 4 times Presidential impeachment hearings have been held, I've been able to witness parts of 3 of them. I'm not sure if that says something about me or the growing political intolerance in this country.
    So the only reason nixon was going to be impeached was because of political intolerance? That's an interesting theory. I'd love to hear more.

Thread Information