Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's interesting that Dershowitz has such a fluid opinion about impeachment. I suppose if you pay a man enough money he'll say whatever he's paid to say.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...to-impeach.cnn
    About the same time you were posting this Dershowitz was on MSNBC being grilled about this very thing as the host tried to make the same negative insinuation as you. I missed part of his response because I was frying bacon at the time but he seemed to come away unscathed, to the obvious disappointment of Ms Hallie Jackson.

I'm sure a video clip of that exchange will soon be available somewhere, you might enjoy seeing it.....or not.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    He remains the only presidential candidate I have ever given money too. Even though he is gay, and a poster boy for homonormativity.
    I very much agree, bae. It's true that only a couple of people who post here have met me IRL and I'm sure I can come across as out there to some here given views/stances I hold/take. That said, on the surface I've very much homonormative myself - at least with strangers and in public (for the most part) and in the workplace. I don't know that Buttigieg's chances are all that great but I see such hope in that he's running as a serious candidate to begin with. And I like how he's more moderate than Bernie and Warren. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob, how was your impeachment party? Did you wear your special outfit? Did you use the special tanging you bought to cook the special Impeachment chicken?
    No full on impeachment parties yet, IL, just a few scattered cookouts when the House voted to impeach. And no I didn't wear my outfit yet - if there's no impeachment hopefully I can wear it on the night he's not reelected. And it's spelled tagine - a conically shaped clay based piece of Moroccan cookware - wonderful for chicken. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    And no I didn't wear my outfit yet - if there's no impeachment hopefully I can wear it on the night he's not reelected.
    FYI, the impeachment has already happened, as Nancy Pelosi likes to giggle to anyone who asks "he is impeached, forever".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

]He's still in office, no? To me the job is left undone to date and my neighborhood agrees. No big block parties until then Orange Menace To Civilized Society is out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FYI, the impeachment has already happened, as Nancy Pelosi likes to giggle to anyone who asks "he is impeached, forever".

Nancy Pelosi takes this issue seriously and doesn't "giggle."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Nancy Pelosi takes this issue seriously and doesn't "giggle."
    Far from it. Like Rob, she had her impeachment outfit picked out. All in black, as for a funeral or a goth rage. And she had her name printed in gold on the 32 pens she used to sign the thing. Probably saved a couple for the Smithsonian so future generations of tourists will know how historically important she was. Of course, she wouldn't giggle when issuing the scarlet letter.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Far from it. Like Rob, she had her impeachment outfit picked out. All in black, as for a funeral or a goth rage. And she had her name printed in gold on the 32 pens she used to sign the thing. Probably saved a couple for the Smithsonian so future generations of tourists will know how historically important she was. Of course, she wouldn't giggle when issuing the scarlet letter.
    The pen she signed should be saved.....in this case, the pen was used as an instrument of Human Rights. Future generations will shake their heads over how Trump could have possibly been elected and might just view said pen as worth saving/celebrating. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    The pen she signed should be saved.....in this case, the pen was used as an instrument of Human Rights. Future generations will shake their heads over how Trump could have possibly been elected and might just view said pen as worth saving/celebrating. Rob
    Should be the pen she signed with above. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    About the same time you were posting this Dershowitz was on MSNBC being grilled about this very thing as the host tried to make the same negative insinuation as you. I missed part of his response because I was frying bacon at the time but he seemed to come away unscathed, to the obvious disappointment of Ms Hallie Jackson.

I'm sure a video clip of that exchange will soon be available somewhere, you might enjoy seeing it.....or not.
    Back in 1998, Chuck Schumer ran on a campaign promise to vote to acquit Clinton. Now he talks about the importance of impartiality. Politics is funny.

Thread Information