Page 18 of 117 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Amazing.
    Que que? Rob

I am having trouble understanding the ethics of someone who wouldn’t hold an elected official responsible for their high crimes and misdemeanors because of concern over the stock market and a possible recession.

If Trump shot someone on the street in front of the White House, heck, looks like some people would be lining up to comfort him... You know, for the economy’s sake....
    People's motives don't always make sense to me. I suspect financial well being rates higher than "high crimes" that are not purely black and white for a lot. Trump knows this and has plied on peoples paranoia by predicting civil war and also some sort of financial crash if he's impeached. There are also people who think Trump is a corrupt idiot and would be in favor of impeachment regardless of any due process of law. I have friends who have said they would be willing to take a financial hit if it would mean Trump leaving office. They can probably afford some losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    People's motives don't always make sense to me. I suspect financial well being rates higher than "high crimes" that are not purely black and white for a lot. Trump knows this and has plied on peoples paranoia by predicting civil war and also some sort of financial crash if he's impeached. There are also people who think Trump is a corrupt idiot and would be in favor of impeachment regardless of any due process of law. I have friends who have said they would be willing to take a financial hit if it would mean Trump leaving office. They can probably afford some losses.
    Rogar....wow!!!!! You have hit on what I consider real truth here. Some people can take the financial hit should a Trump impeachment bring the house of cards that is today's American economy down. And some can't. I live in an area where most can't (with some exceptions such as new people who have moved into the neighborhood and overpaid for houses).

My comfort zone and basic understanding if my life will likely always be from a perspective of someone who can't take the financial hit.....though it IS true I am doing better these days than I have for years. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Business likes the regulatory environment emanating from the White House.
    Several automakers would probably disagree with that statement.

I will be so glad when the election is over and really hope we have a new president.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I will be so glad when the election is over and really hope we have a new president.
    TT, you and me both. On this I concur 100%. Now that I know more about the future of AI/automation, in.my.perfect world Trump would finish his term and suffer a humiliating election loss to Elizabeth Warren. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I also question that whatever influence a president does have whether this one provides a net positive. He’s generally erratic and has taken a seemingly failed approach of economic isolationism. The manufacturing jobs haven’t returned and farmers are hurting. If anything the economy seems to be as good as it is despite him not because of him.
    And now, he's apparently leaving the Kurds in Syria--among our most steadfast allies--to fend for themselves. Every day, a new outrage. But Putin will be happy, and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post

.....though it IS true I am doing better these days than I have for years. Rob
    yay for the Trump economy!

I just went to youtube and watched The Orange Thug Of Complete And Utter Instability during his meltdown at the press conference with Sauli N of Finland. I feel guilt and a little shame for doing a 180 on my.impeachment stance. It is true that I do a somewhat matching outfit with SO to wear for such that is above my station in life. And I truly despise the man.

That all said.....if his impeachment causes a recession. US business will cold bloodedly ruin untold numbers of US lives by implementing all kinds of AI and automation. I have to vote for human life and ironically enough, this means letting Trump finish his term to avoid economic fallout/drastically increased hunger and rapidly expanding shantytowns/tent cities. American business will do this to America without blinking as money is all that matters.

I will never forgive America for forcing me into this stance. This one truly goes too far. Rob

I am having trouble understanding the ethics of someone who wouldn’t hold an elected official responsible for their high crimes and misdemeanors because of concern over the stock market and a possible recession.

If Trump shot someone on the street in front of the White House, heck, looks like some people would be lining up to comfort him... You know, for the economy’s sake....
    I don't understand that either. Mr. Pinche Pendejo will probably end up driving the economy into the ground anyway--with his ill-advised tariffs and targeted tax cuts--but is it too much to ask that the putative leader of the country follow the Constitution, honor the rule of law, and not openly pander to our enemies?

Thread Information