Page 19 of 117 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

I would gladly lose my job to get rid of Trump I've said it, I've said it when the contract was ending and I didn't know where my next paycheck was coming from. I have no power to make that happen of course, wishes aren't horses and I can't trade Trump for a bad economy even if I think "whatever as long as he's gone". Could I survive it? Yes. I'd likely not be homeless or hungry if that's what is meant, the rent would get paid, the food would get bought, I may or may not be able to afford a garbage ACA plan, probably but with what they cost who knows, more expensive all the time, so I don't count on it, but rent, food, and utilities, yea if I find work eventually. It takes an incredible PSYCHOLOGICAL toll to be long term unemployed but ...

So I won't be supporting Trump because of the economy. I'm doing ok. I'm glad, and I don't think everyone (not any every most upstanding employee) does ok just because the economy is "good". no way, no way, no way.

By the way the assumption that a recession would hasten automation seems to be completely whack. If anything a tight job market with somewhat higher wages (haven't increased that much but) would lead to more automation, a recession when workers can be had for the cheap for almost any job just because they are desperate, I don't think so.
    Trees don't grow on money

I remember when the What’s-the-Matter-With-Kansas crowd used to scold the voters for not “voting their interests”. That attitude may in fact have had a significant impact on the rise of Trump when the people being scolded took offense.

While I doubt a second Trump administration would be all that beneficial or harmful to my best financial interests, I’m pretty convinced some of the plans his opposition have for me would definitely be harmful.

So what am I to do? Vote Libertarian again?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I remember when the What’s-the-Matter-With-Kansas crowd used to scold the voters for not “voting their interests”. That attitude may in fact have had a significant impact on the rise of Trump when the people being scolded took offense.

While I doubt a second Trump administration would be all that beneficial or harmful to my best financial interests, I’m pretty convinced some of the plans his opposition have for me would definitely be harmful.

So what am I to do? Vote Libertarian again?
    Yes.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't understand that either. Mr. Pinche Pendejo will probably end up driving the economy into the ground anyway--with his ill-advised tariffs and targeted tax cuts--but is it too much to ask that the putative leader of the country follow the Constitution, honor the rule of law, and not openly pander to our enemies?
    Jane, yes, it does seem like too much to ask from Senor Pinche Pendejo. Rob

I think a lot of ethical Germans supported an unethical politician in the 1930s because they valued economic performance over morals.

Good luck with that approach, Rob.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think a lot of ethical Germans supported an unethical politician in the 1930s because they valued economic performance over morals.

Good luck with that approach, Rob.
    Color me flabbergasted, Bae. You raise a very good and valid point. I can't argue this point....you are right. I will revisit my stance, painful though doing so will be. Rob

Good idea L and IL to keep throwing away your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If the choice is between an unprincipled buffoon and the likely commissar-in-chief the Democrats seem ready to field, I would treat my vote the same way I would treat an expired dairy product.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    it isn’t throwing away my vote. My vote for a third party candidate demonstrates in the clearest way possible that major parties didn't offer a choice I could endorse.

My real problem comes when the third party candidates are flakes. Then, I risk throwing away my vote by not voting at all for the position at the top of the ticket. That is a possibility. I never missed an election but there are some ballot issues or positions I do not vote for.

yes they should vote for Trump instead, because a vote for Trump is not a vote wasted, it's a noble vote cast for a guy who can actually win (and sadly might, he probably has pretty good odds). For a winner, in Trump's worldview where the world consists of winners and losers.

Of course noone seems to understand basic things like how electoral college votes are allocated either, and that in a deep red or blue state in the general our votes are mostly purely message sending. Now, I don't even mind if my message is "anyone but orange guy" (depending), maybe I'm going to try to make him lose the popular vote by an even bigger margin than before but ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information