Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I understand the next Supreme Court candidate will be a child molester and everything he/she says that doesn't confirm that portrayal will be considered perjury. I feel for that as of yet unknown person.
    They're bound to be as third-rate as every other Trump appointee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I understand the next Supreme Court candidate will be a child molester and everything he/she says that doesn't confirm that portrayal will be considered perjury. I feel for that as of yet unknown person.
    Funny you'd feel that way. It didn't happen to the immediately previous supreme court candidate.

I see Trump is recirculating tweets about civil war if he is impeached. Somehow I find that about as reasonable as all those Third Reich analogies and conspiracy daydreams equally silly people have been making.

I look forward to the coming orgy of hearings, leaks and punditry beginning and ending as soon as possible. I hope it’s enough to get the voters to start punishing ridiculously overwrought rhetoric.

Accusing a member of Congress of "treason" was a bit much too, don't ya think?

I am not looking forward to all the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am not looking forward to all the drama.

+1

I was reading where if they removed Trump, and if Pence somehow had gotten tied into the mess and he also left office, then it would be President Pelosi. That's a thought to entertain, although a slight fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I was reading where if they removed Trump, and if Pence somehow had gotten tied into the mess and he also left office, then it would be President Pelosi. That's a thought to entertain, although a slight fantasy.
    I have no doubt some of the best minds in the muck production industry are even now seining through his high school years for usefully smelly nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Indeed. And probably one of the many reasons the republicans very much don't want to go through with this. If Pence is deep enough in this to warrant being taken out I imagine they would do like with nixon. Get Pence out first, get a new placeholder VP, and then take trump out.

Article #10 of Andrew Johnson's impeachment: Making three speeches with intent to "attempt to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt and reproach, the Congress of the United States". Trump has obviously done this multiple times against various members of congress, most recently accusing a member of treason.

Thread Information