Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1166

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think in the end, everyone got what they needed from the process. The Democratic leadership got to make a display, that while futile in terms of practical consequences, could appease their critics on the left. The Republican leadership got to flex their political muscle and make a show of their solidarity. The punditocracy got something to opine about far more interesting than the presidential candidates arguing over who said what to who in 2018. Outrage addicts in both camps got a cathartic thrill: the believers in both a domestic deep state and a far reaching Kremlin conspiracy got fuel for their fantasies. Trump got yet another chance to feel aggrieved and do some staff purging. More than one book deal will no doubt be signed. Eric Ciaramella may even get input into who plays him in the movie. Google got a ton of traffic from people looking for ammunition for their arguments.

The only real losers I see in all this are the Bidens and diehard fans of “The Young and the Restless”.
    You are wrong! Enuf said!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I thought Russia was Trumps pal.

Speaking of gulag, the news today said the DOJ is recommending an 8 to 9 year sentence for T's associate, Roger Stone. I've lost track of how many of his circle have been charged or sentenced. At least all of the witch hunts have flushed a few crooks out of the system.
    And now, trump is saying Stone should get no sentence.... he did nothing wrong! ..... sound familiar?

And three (so far) DOJ prosecutors have resigned in protest.
    I'm sure Trump will pardon Stone if Barr's team can't get him a slap on the hand sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And now, trump is saying Stone should get no sentence.... he did nothing wrong! ..... sound familiar?
    How could anyone with a. Nixon tattoo possibly do anything wrong? 😜

So now trump defense attorney barr is pissing off prosecutors enough that they are resigning over dirtbag Stone. I suppose republicans will be surprised by this. The big question is will republicans actually ever actually act honorably or are they just done. A member here questioned my comment that he was part of a failed party. Now that all non-republicans can clearly see the failure I wonder if he’ll acknowledge it or pretend that the party isnt dead.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I'd almost expect a "perfect" phone call to come up if there were any investigation. Although any potential witnesses are probably too intimidated to say anything.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I feel these days as if I am living at work as it's season for me and it's hard for me to keep up. What is getting back to me is that where I live, it's all about seeing Trump kicked to the curb. Candidate doesn't seem to.matter to many people, just getting rid of Trump. I am more specific and want Buttigieg to win. If nothing else, he can debate and speak intelligently and he can mind his manners. He's also not repulsive to either look at or listen to. Or both. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    He's also not repulsive to either look at or listen to. Or both. Rob
    Voting for the cutest guy/girl makes the process easy doesn't it?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Nope, that's not it. And it's not because he's openly gay. Seriously, originally I was all about Elizabeth Warren. Buttigieg is more moderate and also well behaved. And seemingly sane unlike 45. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I remember reading years ago that when the Nixon/Kennedy debate happened at the relative dawn of the tv age people who had listened to it on the radio thought that Nixon had won, but people who watched it on tv thought that Kennedy had won because Nixon was tired looking/sweaty/getting over a cold or something. How someone looks definitely affects people's reaction to the person.

All that said, like Rob, Pete is actually my third choice. My first choice, Harris, has already dropped out and my second choice, Warren, appears to be on a downward trajectory. Although my ballot has already arrived I won't likely make a decision until Sunday before super tuesday, but unless Warren has somehow rebounded bigly I will probably be voting for Pete.

Thread Information