Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1166

Thread: Impeachment?

  1. #951
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,898
    Given the scammy, cover up style rules that Moscow Mitch has crafted the senate might as well just vote to not convict right off the bat. It would save time and be more honest.

  2. #952
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,070
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Given the scammy, cover up style rules that Moscow Mitch has crafted the senate might as well just vote to not convict right off the bat. It would save time and be more honest.
    Arenít they the same scammy, cover up rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment?

  3. #953
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Aren’t they the same scammy, cover up rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment?
    I'm watching Schiff and Nadler on their daily propaganda appearance on cable news. They're arguing that this trial shouldn't be compared to the Clinton trial because his was done fairly and this one is not. This one is not bi-partisan because there's a very good chance he won't be convicted. I'm not sure why the previous non-conviction was bi-partisan and this potential one is not, maybe because that's not the desired result?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  4. #954
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Aren’t they the same scammy, cover up rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment?
    Did the Clinton trial require a require vote to allow new witness/document testimony or did these things just come forward voluntarily?

  5. #955
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Did the Clinton trial require a require vote to allow new witness/document testimony or did these things just come forward voluntarily?
    The apparently voted 56-44 to allow depositions from three witnesses. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...144249727.html
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #956
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I guess it would follow from your argument that when a president uses coercion over a foreign power to influence our election, there's really legally nothing we can do about it other than vote him/her out in the next election. Although other foreign influence over our elections are not ok.
    I think that using undue influence to achieve any result whether it be in elections or forcing citizens to purchase products they don't want or punish those believed to be guilty of thought crimes should be resolved at the ballot box. So yeah, I guess so.

    Impeachment was designed to protect the country from someone putting their interests ahead of the national interest. I don't think the House made the case that the national interest was harmed in this instance, even though it was unseemly, and the real effort is to influence the next election through political theater. That leaves me wondering whether or not we should allow the Democrats to succeed in their efforts to influence that election through Congressional action or make a statement that we're tired of their foolishness.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  7. #957
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,571
    I am busy busy busy right now until April so I have not had time to keep up with this latest. So the question I have to pose is simple: Should I be anticipating an impeachment celebration or not? I'm sensing some impeachment momentum? Rob

  8. #958
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    8,789
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    So the question I have to pose is simple: Should I be anticipating an impeachment celebration or not? I'm sensing some impeachment momentum? Rob
    Trump has already been impeached.

  9. #959
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,571
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Trump has already been impeached.
    Let me be clear then, bae. To me impeachment means being kicked to the curb. Rob

  10. #960
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Let me be clear then, bae. To me impeachment means being kicked to the curb. Rob
    Except that it doesn't, Clinton was impeached but not kicked to the curb, Andrew Johnson was impeached but not kicked to the curb. In the history of this country no President has ever been kicked to the curb. You should stop using that term if you refuse to understand it and be honest in your desires. You want the Senate to do something no previous Senate has ever done, remove a sitting President from office because you don't like him and fear that your party cannot field a candidate capable of beating him in the next election.

    You should have had your party weeks ago cause if there's any political civility left in this country the celebration outfit you bought well before this impeachment process began will be out of style and moth eaten before you get another opportunity.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •