Page 27 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I will admit word of my change of heart (I now still with misgivings support impeachment) got around the neighborhood fast. SO is happy too, and I have made sure my impeachment outfit is ready should that day arrive. You know, though, I still don't feel guilty having once dropped the wish for impeachment. Beyond economic consequences, I worry that his more rabid supporters may engage in scattered impeachment violence. But I do now mostly support Yrump's being kicked to the curb. Rob

Should be Trump in the last sentence. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't want to be a jerk here. Alan keeps this site up and running, and he is entitled to his opinion. That said, Thank You for your last sentence, Frugal One. Rob
    Ha ha Rob, don't worry, I'm inclined towards conservatism so there's no danger I'll hold yours and Frugal-one's hostility against you. That's a progressive trait.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That's my understanding as well. I believe they've even recently delegated subpoena power to committee's without the need for floor approval, eliminating several centuries of tradition designed to ensure all representatives of the people have a voice in this sort of thing. [/COLOR]
    That must be sort of handy, to be able to set up dozens of little Star Chambers!

It's weird, when I was an elected official, we had to formally memorialize by vote any delegation of powers to committees we formed. And the state-level regulations would not allow us to evade that.

I have made sure my impeachment outfit is ready should that day arrive.
    Are you going to wear it when the articles of impeachment are handed to the Senate? Or are you going to wait for an actual conviction?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Are you going to wear it when the articles of impeachment are handed to the Senate? Or are you going to wait for an actual conviction?
    I was thinking of wearing it the day Trump is kicked to the curb and there is a neighborhood celebration I will once again be welcome at. Though I will admit I'm not totally up on impeachment etiquette (sp?) Is it appropriate to dress up on the days the articles of impeachment are handed to the Senate? I really don't know - does that tend to be a big deal day, too? Rob

I was thinking of wearing it the day Trump is kicked to the curb and there is a neighborhood celebration I will once again be welcome at. Though I will admit I'm not totally up on impeachment etiquette (sp?) Is it appropriate to dress up on the days the articles of impeachment are handed to the Senate? I really don't know - does that tend to be a big deal day, too? Rob
    I think it would be fun if you put it on now and wore it every day till he's removed from office, men's styles don't change much so you should be fine.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think it would be fun if you put it on now and wore it every day till he's removed from office, men's styles don't change much so you should be fine.
    No, I can't do that. To do so.would be being disrespectful. No can do. Rob

No, I can't do that. To do so.would be being disrespectful. No can do. Rob
    I agree that procuring an impeachment outfit several years ago was a disrespectful thing to do, but I'm confused on why you think committing to wearing it until your dreams are fulfilled would be. Can you explain?

I was told that once there is a formal vote to proceed with impeachment, documents or witnesses that have been requested by Congress but held up in the cumbersome legal process could be expedited (or denied) through the Supreme Court, which is what happened with Nixon? I'm not sure how to fact check this, but it would sure stream line the road blocks that the White House has put in place.

Thread Information