Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I see some historic protest marches coming up due to Trump's obstruction of justice via White House non-cooperation in the impeachment inquiry. US society being what it is, likely the police will break the law, being filmed while doing so, and generating negative or and large settlements for some.

Would it not have been saner and easier to elect Hillary Clinton? Rob
    So you feel it would have been saner and safer to elect Mrs. Clinton because the police will overreact to protests? Should the imagined threat of violence determine how we vote?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It’s not.

It is Rob’s endless contortions to make himself the Center Of Attention by creating imaginary conflicting positions that is a problem in lucidity and, well, honesty.

Being anti Trump is reasonable.
    To start with, IL, kudos to you for getting that being anti Trump is reasonable. And I was never pro Trump, ever. The only reason I was honestly for a couple of months against impeachment was due to whatever fallout an impeachment might cause. Another fallout issue I have yet to address? The potential for violence if Trump is impeached.

About being the center of attention? Hardly. My posts are not noticed as they once were.
    Beyond that, I believe that America is sitting on a powder keg just waiting to go off - we are primed for a social climate resembling Hong Kong. And if large protests start, American police will not show the restraint in using lethal force that the Hong Kong police have. If Trump and his insanity are not handled well, and an impeachment goes awry, we could become just like Hong Kong - never to be the same again (and not in s good way).

Posting this is not trolling for attention. It's a genuine take. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So you feel it would have been saner and safer to elect Mrs. Clinton because the police will overreact to protests? Should the imagined threat of violence determine how we vote?
    Unfortunately, given the unpleasant realities of 45....the answer to your question is yes. My take is that America is now sitting on a powder keg just waiting to go off. Trump is adding to combustability daily.at this point and I don't see him trying to diffuse the mess. I vote for stability - scary thing is screaming for impeachment. Which I now once again support, may lead to the opposite. Rob

Then why would Pelosi not want to initiate the process with the usual vote rather than a press conference? Are there members in close districts fearful of going on the record?
    I had to do a history review. The Supreme Court ruling was during the Nixon investigation and occurred before the formal vote for impeachment. It involved the release of the famous Nixon tapes, where the President's counsel argued that the subpoenas were a violation of privacy. Of course we know that the court ruled otherwise. The current issues seems very similar, though I don't know quite how the expedited Supreme Court ruling was initiated to by pass the otherwise slow legal process. It's probably complicated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...tergate-tapes/

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Unfortunately, given the unpleasant realities of 45....the answer to your question is yes. My take is that America is now sitting on a powder keg just waiting to go off. Trump is adding to combustability daily.at this point and I don't see him trying to diffuse the mess. I vote for stability - scary thing is screaming for impeachment. Which I now once again support, may lead to the opposite. Rob
    So in the end it all comes down to your belief that the police are just itching to hurt people, and that the masses are just a short fuse away from rising up and giving them the excuse they need to start shooting. You long for the stability they enjoy in Red China.

I don’t think you need to worry about any future blood baths. I think we only have a year or so of Trump left. Either through the impeachment route or the 2020 election. Unless the Democrats display a level of political idiocy that would be historical even for them, he will be gone. I don’t see anybody outside the usual lunatic fringe fighting on either side of the barricades.

So in the end it all comes down to your belief that the police are just itching to hurt people, and that the masses are just a short fuse away from rising up and giving them the excuse they need to start shooting. You long for the stability they enjoy in Red China.

I don’t think you need to worry about any future blood baths. I think we only have a year or so of Trump left. Either through the impeachment route or the 2020 election. Unless the Democrats display a level of political idiocy that would be historical even for them, he will be gone. I don’t see anybody outside the usual lunatic fringe fighting on either side of the barricades.
    You read me partly wrong. I don't long for anything having to.do with Communism - I see Communism as less viable even than the American way.

I believe that there is a lot anger out there coupled with a lot of disillusionment about America - disillusionment that Trump is helping to spread via his actions. His behavior of being above the law via non cooperation in the impeachment inquiry does not bode well for the future methinks. With law enforcement and US CBP increasingly over the top (Google how US CBP is now harrassing US born journalists returning to the United States) and this much anger floating about......it's not hard to visualize things progressing to the streets.

Some of the problems facing the young in Hong Kong are already here. Shaky job market for the young, expensive housing, s feeling of no real future.......one dramatic misstep by the Trump regime could set the key off.

That all said, I hope you are right and he's voted out in 2020 or impeached with minimal drama. Rob

Should be keg above.

Graham has finally spoken out AGAINST Trump! Maybe Republican support will increase and they can get the job done?

Gardnr, I read that online and I'm amazed. Even Graham has had his fill. Maybe there can be a non-violent and non-economically crippling end to the evil Trump Regime. Who knows? Rob

Now that impeachment does indeed seem possible, and now that I am on board with it again, I'm back to planning a Middle Eastern buffet to celebrate any impeachment/Trump kicked to the curb day. Rob

Thread Information