Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Feel free to clarify or not but right now your reasons for wanting to out the whistleblower aren’t particularly clear.
    I don't have any particular desire to "out" the whistleblower although the New York Times did a pretty good job of it several months ago and several other sources have followed up with more "outing" since then, but I do think it might be particularly interesting to see what he has to say under oath. And I guess I must apologize for not being particularly clear when I gave a rather detailed reason for why that might be an interesting part of the impeachment inquiry. I'm sorry that I must have muddied it so that you couldn't understand.

Although i’m starting to think that i hit the nail on the head when i said that republicans dont believe democrats can be honorable americans.

I don't think that at all, but if you'd said 'far left' I might agree with you somewhat.

But by all means keep whining about how it is all just politics
    Whining? I'll have you know every word I've typed on this subject has been accomplished with a smile on my face as I imagine the responses. I do enjoy the fact that you guys never let me down.

And it is all political. This impeachment process didn't begin with a whistleblower complaint, it started with an unpopular election 3 years ago. After several fits and starts, the whistleblower complaint showed promise to achieve the result Representative Schiff has been working towards since 2016. It's the best means to an end that's come along so far.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't have any particular desire to "out" the whistleblower although the New York Times did a pretty good job of it several months ago and several other sources have followed up with more "outing" since then, but I do think it might be particularly interesting to see what he has to say under oath. And I guess I must apologize for not being particularly clear when I gave a rather detailed reason for why that might be an interesting part of the impeachment inquiry. I'm sorry that I must have muddied it so that you couldn't understand.

I don't think that at all, but if you'd said 'far left' I might agree with you somewhat.

Whining? I'll have you know every word I've typed on this subject has been accomplished with a smile on my face as I imagine the responses. I do enjoy the fact that you guys never let me down.

And it is all political. This impeachment process didn't begin with a whistleblower complaint, it started with an unpopular election 3 years ago. After several fits and starts, the whistleblower complaint showed promise to achieve the result Representative Schiff has been working towards since 2016. It's the best means to an end that's come along so far.
    So you think that trump extorting an ally for personal political gain is acceptable. Got it. Because given what he did your attempts to justify his behavior don’t lead to any other conclusion.

The day you actually respond to questions about what trump did instead of ‘oh the democrats blah blah blah’ is the day i’ll think you actually give a shit about what trump actually did.

Seems reasonable to me. I've mentioned before that they had to get Capone on tax evasion. If nothing else comes of the various investigations at least they've flushed Donald's thug and criminal circle, like Roger Stone, Cohen, Manafort, Rick Gates, Popadopoulos, Flynn, Pinedo, Pruitt, Zwaan, Maria Butina, Sam Patten, and Giuliani's Russian pals out of the political system and into the legal justice and prison system. A remarkable universe of criminality and the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. I could imagine they might even get a fall guy out of the impeachment proceedings, too. Maybe Giuliani.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Explain. When did Biden do a dastardly act?
    As Vice President he held up aid to Ukraine until they met his demand to fire the prosecutor who was investigating the firm enriching his son. He was so pleased with himself that he bragged about it on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    As Vice President he held up aid to Ukraine until they met his demand to fire the prosecutor who was investigating the firm enriching his son. He was so pleased with himself that he bragged about it on camera.
    With the exception that the guy he wanted fired was corrupt and not a problem for Burisma and his replacement, whoever it would end up being, would more likely have been a problem for Burisma, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Was there corruption or just a conflict of interest?

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/tr...n-and-ukraine/

I'm not sure what "far left" means, but I consider,say, Bernie Sanders far more honorable than many of his right-wing colleagues. Being honorable, to me, means having unshakeable principles that aren't determined by how much money you can make by playing the game. And Bernie's been on message for decades. I have hope for other "lefties," like the Squad, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. I've mentioned before that they had to get Capone on tax evasion.
    Should that be the new standard going forward? If Warren or Sanders assume the office should we immediately throw out a large net and drag in everyone in their circles, prosecute poor memories and personal secrets in hopes of getting them to give up anything useful on the President which might drive them from office?

It seems like a poor way to run a country to me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Should that be the new standard going forward? If Warren or Sanders assume the office should we immediately throw out a large net and drag in everyone in their circles, prosecute poor memories and personal secrets in hopes of getting them to give up anything useful on the President which might drive them from office?

It seems like a poor way to run a country to me.
    I think any public official suspected of abuse of power, bribery, witness intimidation, obstruction of justice or any other crimes should be investigated fully. If they choose to surround themselves with thugs in key positions that obviously is not direct evidence of anything, but it does arouse suspicions. The "witch hunt" has captured several witches and that in itself is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I think any public official suspected of abuse of power, bribery, witness intimidation, obstruction of justice or any other crimes should be investigated fully. If they choose to surround themselves with thugs in key positions that obviously is not direct evidence of anything, but it does arouse suspicions. The "witch hunt" has captured several witches and that in itself is worthwhile.
    This administration is by far the most corrupt, inept, and morally repugnant of any I've experienced in my long life; we would be complicit if we sat on our hands as if it embodied business as usual. You can't be serious suggesting Sanders or Warren would, for example, elevate the likes of Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon, or encourage their attorney general to act as a personal avenger, or defy the emoluments clause at every opportunity.

Thread Information