Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think I mentioned at the beginning that I was in favor of the House going through this process, why do you assume otherwise?
    I guess I missed it in the middle of all the comments about how this was Democratic Party overreach and such?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I guess I missed it in the middle of all the comments about how this was Democratic Party overreach and such?
    I don't think I ever said it was overreach, it's just that the Democrats began planning the impeachment before Trump even took office so it's hard for rational folks to get all excited about it. But to your point about missing it, you responded to my post in favor of going through the impeachment process on October 31st in bae's thread about the Ukrainian thing. (I had to look it up because I actually thought it was in this thread)

I'm looking forward now to a possible result of all this foolishness, imagine Trump being impeached by the House and then the Senate fails to convict. Trump then rides a wave of sympathy to a second term while the Democrats maintain a slim lead in the House. They use their advantage to exercise a collective fit of pique to begin the process again and history is made as Trump is the only President to be impeached twice without tangible result. I wonder if the Democratic party could withstand that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I'd like to see Pelosi withhold a vote until until the key witnesses like Bolton and Giuliani are allowed or forced to testify. That could well carry things past the election the way Donald can tie things up in the legal system. Then the voters can decide without giving the senate a predetermined victory. That's my fantasy.

Trump then rides a wave of sympathy to a second term
    LOL. The only sympathy trump will get if/when the senate abdicates their oath to uphold the constitution will be from the 38-42% of voters that already think he's the second coming of Christ.

LOL. The only sympathy trump will get if/when the senate abdicates their oath to uphold the constitution will be from the 38-42% of voters that already think he's the second coming of Christ.
    You paint with a broad brush dontcha?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I think that if the Senate fails to uphold the interagency consensus and Trump is allowed to run again, the issue will depend both on the deluded enthusiasm of his followers and the level of fear/disgust/confusion inspired by his opponent. It would probably also help his cause if the economy fails to tank over the next eleven months.

You paint with a broad brush dontcha?
    You’ve got a point. Not all of his supporters think he’s Jesus 2.0. Some of them are more likely to think he’s the second coming of strom Thurmond.

You’ve got a point. Not all of his supporters think he’s Jesus 2.0. Some of them are more likely to think he’s the second coming of strom Thurmond.
    And if you mix your standard red, yellow and blue colors on your palette you'll find millions of additional hues.

It's still not anyone's business but lying under oath about it was a crime. You know that.
    Yep. And that was clinton's big mistake. He should've just gone all trumpy and said "eff you, ain't gonna participate." And then he would've been golden. Everyone knows that if trump ever testifies under oath he's gonna perjure the shit out of whatever he talks about. But you know that too.

I'm looking forward now to a possible result of all this foolishness, imagine Trump being impeached by the House and then the Senate fails to convict. Trump then rides a wave of sympathy to a second term while the Democrats maintain a slim lead in the House. They use their advantage to exercise a collective fit of pique to begin the process again and history is made as Trump is the only President to be impeached twice without tangible result. I wonder if the Democratic party could withstand that.
    Seen that meme. AOC saying lets reelect Trump, so we have more time to impeach him.

Thread Information