Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So noble.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

So noble.....

I personally have nothing but respect for Pelosi's tearing up of Trump's speech. I didn't get to see the speech since it's season and I pretty much live at work. One of the cashiers at the grocery store I go to told me about it and I then googled/youtubed.

Nancy Pelosi is now my hero. She basically middle finger saluted Trump, all the slime he surrounds himself with/stands for, and his toxic vision of despair for both America and the world at large. Kudos !!! Rob

Silly theatrics and you fell for it.

Trump allegedly did not shake nancy’s hand but am not applauding that.

They are all ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I personally have nothing but respect for Pelosi's tearing up of Trump's speech. I didn't get to see the speech since it's season and I pretty much live at work. One of the cashiers at the grocery store I go to told me about it and I then googled/youtubed.

Nancy Pelosi is now my hero. She basically middle finger saluted Trump, all the slime he surrounds himself with/stands for, and his toxic vision of despair for both America and the world at large. Kudos !!! Rob
    Aside from the theatrics, Pelosi has been a hero of mine since she took charge of the House. She's an experienced, no-nonsense legislator, who has what it takes. I didn't watch it, but my reading of the transcript indicates Trump was full of lies (and himself) as usual.

You’ve set a very low standard for nobility. I think Trump and Pelosi displayed a level of pettiness unworthy of a middle school cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Silly theatrics and you fell for it.

Trump allegedly did not shake nancy’s hand but am not applauding that.

They are all ridiculous.
    Trump drew first blood by refusing to skake Pelosi's hand. There was no call for this unjustifiable snub. Had he behaved in the Ukraine, there would have been no need for Pelosi to start impeachment proceedings. Once again, The Orange One Of Evil/Health Care Access For The Priviledged Only drew first blood. As always, it seems. Best to get a Democrat in in 2020. The planet depends on it. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Aside from the theatrics, Pelosi has been a hero of mine since she took charge of the House. She's an experienced, no-nonsense legislator, who has what it takes.
    I saw the whole thing. (And I agree with your assessment of Pelosi.) She said she ripped up the speech because it was a "manifesto of mistruths" and she is accurate about that. Trump took credit for everything except the sun coming up every day. He made it sound like the Obama years were the Dark Ages, instead of the truth that he took us out of the Great Recession. He made it sound like the lower wage earners were basking in wealth, when their wages are stagnant. He claimed victory for energy independence, neglecting to say that we achieved energy independence in 2012. He praised the "fruits" of deregulation. Healthcare--Trump is going to save the day, and he also claimed credit for the decline in opioid deaths.

It was a typical hyperbolic Trump speech laced with lies and half-truths.

Oh, there was one sentence devoted to the environment. Trees. Lots of them are going to be planted. That ought to make up for all the wildlife he's destroying, all the seas being acidified, and all the lands he's exploiting and waters he is poisoning in the name of profit. He invoked the name of Teddy Roosevelt in his speech--TR is probably rolling over in his grave.

I am undecided as to whether her ripping up the speech helped or hurt her cause, but personally, I'm glad she made that statement. Of course it will be GREAT fodder for GOP.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You’ve set a very low standard for nobility. I think Trump and Pelosi displayed a level of pettiness unworthy of a middle school cafeteria.
    I disagree, with all due respect. Pelosi showed a great deal of class and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Right now it's season so I don't have time for activism but I've gotten vm's from some activists and/or neighbors and she's a hit. Such a respectful move showing soladarity with everyday working Americans. Rob

Rob, you actually think how she behaved through the entire speech showed class?

Watching her was highly entertaining. I wondered if she remembered to put waterproof mascara on, as it looked like she was about ready to start crying multiple times.

I know a lot of life long Dems who are very unhappy with how she acted, from what’s showing up on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    It was a typical hyperbolic Trump speech laced with lies and half-truths.

Oh, there was one sentence devoted to the environment. Trees. Lots of them are going to be planted. That ought to make up for all the wildlife he's destroying, all the seas being acidified, and all the lands he's exploiting and waters he is poisoning in the name of profit. He invoked the name of Teddy Roosevelt in his speech--TR is probably rolling over in his grave.

I am undecided as to whether her ripping up the speech helped or hurt her cause, but personally, I'm glad she made that statement. Of course it will be GREAT fodder for GOP.
    I think her frustration with this horrific regime is palpable. There are some 400 bills languishing on McConnell's desk, including one addressing the cost of prescription drugs. I wouldn't blame her if she unleashed some version of the Red Wedding, personally. (Note: hyperbole, for those with no sense of humor.)

I disagree, with all due respect. Pelosi showed a great deal of class and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Right now it's season so I don't have time for activism but I've gotten vm's from some activists and/or neighbors and she's a hit. Such a respectful move showing soladarity with everyday working Americans. Rob
    To me, nobility was Henry Clay telling the pro-slavery faction he’d rather be right than president.

Or the Duke of Wellington telling blackmailers to “publish and be damned”.

Or John McCain refusing to be released from a POW camp before his fellow prisoners.

Applying terms like “nobility” or “class” or “respectful” to childish displays of petulance makes me wonder if we’re speaking the same language.

Thread Information