Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,166 of 1166

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Yeah. Where’s Coolidge when we need him?
    The old story or myth about Silent Cal is from a dinner party where an attractive young lady seated next to him said, "My friends have bet me that I couldn't get you to speak more than three words." His response was, "You lose." The good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    The old story or myth about Silent Cal is from a dinner party where an attractive young lady seated next to him said, "My friends have bet me that I couldn't get you to speak more than three words." His response was, "You lose." The good old days.
    There is a great story of him holding a press conference and replying “no comment” to every single question. As the meeting ended and the reporters began to leave, he shouted “And don’t quote me!”

We will not see his like again. Which is too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Me too! Chris Matthews says he's convinced if we hadn't won the Cold War back in the 80's there'd have been executions in Central Park, much like Fidel and Che arranged in Cuba. When I hear Bernie talk about Millionaires and Billionaires I get chills. And when Warren talks about taking half of a poor college student's last $6, I'm thinking the future looks bleak.
    I agree the future looks bleak. trump is now trying to get that none of his phone calls be monitored. he wants unlimited power... 25% increase so far this year in gov spending, billions taken from military defense to build a stupid wall that Mexico was to pay for, wasting justice department resources to check out perceived enemies (ie Obama, Biden), tax cuts for the already wealthy, republicans who disagree not speaking up for fear of retribution. The list goes on and on.

I like the bit about the Justice Department/Stone sentencing transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I like the bit about the Justice Department/Stone sentencing transparency.
    Now other cronies as well.

I get the feeling that Donald is having an adolescence "I'll show them I can do anything I want" hissy fit after his impeachment. At least McCabe is off the hook. He was probably a victim of Trump's imaginary conspiracy theories or just someone who didn't fit in and needed a vindictive lesson. It would be nice to have an adult back in the White House some day.

Thread Information