Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    The Mueller deal showed what a scumbag trump really is. The whistleblower is showing the same. I would rather see trump in prison. He is truly a bad actor.... literally and figuratively. We all know nothing will happen though. bill barr and the senate are in trump's pocket.
    I know its frustrating to have those folks fail to punish based upon lack of crime. Don't they know prison is justified because we just don't like him?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I find it refreshing that nobody seems to be talking about a special prosecutor this round. It looks like this will be more of a DIY project.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I know its frustrating to have those folks fail to punish based upon lack of crime. Don't they know prison is justified because we just don't like him?
    It's my impression that a crime doesn't have to be committed to be impeached, as in Bill Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    It's my impression that a crime doesn't have to be committed to be impeached, as in Bill Clinton.
    That's quite right, but frugal-one won't be satisfied with impeachment, she wants scumbags sent to prison. I wonder if she'd like to see Trump and Clinton share a cell?
    The Mueller deal showed what a scumbag trump really is. The whistleblower is showing the same. I would rather see trump in prison. He is truly a bad actor.... literally and figuratively. We all know nothing will happen though. bill barr and the senate are in trump's pocket.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I just listened to the content of Trump's phone call. Trump is clever. His wording does NOT necessarily definitively seal quid pro quo and from what I can gather at this point, any good attorney will be able to establish that. I am afraid for this impeachment effort and the outcome for the Democrats.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Right. Nothing wrong with a voluntary blow job. I was dumbfounded when those impeachment proceedings occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Right. Nothing wrong with a voluntary blow job. I was dumbfounded when those impeachment proceedings occurred.
    Yeah, but it's the lying under oath part that was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I just listened to the content of Trump's phone call. Trump is clever. His wording does NOT necessarily definitively seal quid pro quo and from what I can gather at this point, any good attorney will be able to establish that. I am afraid for this impeachment effort and the outcome for the Democrats.
    You could be right, depending on whether the public views the process as politically motivated rather than evidence based. That was one of Pelosi’s concerns all along.

If Biden had in fact “gone around bragging” about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired to protect his son, then I suspect that would be very helpful for the Warren campaign in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If Biden had in fact “gone around bragging” about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired to protect his son, then I suspect that would be very helpful for the Warren campaign in the primaries.
    Unfortunately, the media may not be able to find any evidence of him bragging about it, especially finding evidence of quid pro quo demands. That sort of damning evidence is soooo scarce.

Well, I just read the transcript, and it doesn't seem to contain the horrors that the news media promised me.

#disappointed

Thread Information