Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yeah, but it's the lying under oath part that was the problem.
    I know. The stupid fact that he was being grilled about it, is what so annoyed me.

I wish I believe that our country will ever quit nit-picking our elected "servants" and let them do their work holding them ACCOUNTABLE for that rather than this busy body bullshit that has become this daily norm. I realize I am delusional and shouldn't hold my breath for I would die of asphyxiation.

I dunno. I still feel that if Nixon were Trump, he never would have resigned, and he wouldn't have needed to. To his fan base, Watergate would have been a case of sabotage by the media. It's really scary how one person can have that much charisma.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I know. The stupid fact that he was being grilled about it, is what so annoyed me.
    Yeah, that precursor to the MeToo Movement couldn't have come at a worse time.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

From move on to me too in a single generation.

It will be really interesting to see how this plays out.

I read through Politicos annotated account of the transcript. It wasn't quite a nothing burger, but any indications of extortion were cleverly veiled if at all. Unless something more comes forward, to me it comes down to whether asking a foreign leader to investigate issues related to a political opponent is illegal or abuse of power. I would like to see Trump gone, but this is starting to fall into just a slimy game of thrones ploy on both sides.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I just listened to the content of Trump's phone call. Trump is clever. His wording does NOT necessarily definitively seal quid pro quo and from what I can gather at this point, any good attorney will be able to establish that. I am afraid for this impeachment effort and the outcome for the Democrats.
    It is not an exact transcript, just a memo about it. Crucial words could have very well been modified or left out. Similar to the Barr summary of the Mueller report. There are many questionable aspects of the Mueller report. Not sure about illegal but probably not the best ideas.

Anyone see the talking king points memo that someone sent to the democrats by mistake. Haha. Losers. Canít even send a memo to the right people. It includes how to critique the democrats by referencing the deep state and other Fox News favorites.

In the meantime Rudy Colludy, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey are trending on twitter. Payback is hell when you stand idly by and donít call out Trumps disgraceful constant name calling and labels (even dead people). Moscow Mitch has been trending for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I read through Politicos annotated account of the transcript. It wasn't quite a nothing burger, but any indications of extortion were cleverly veiled if at all. Unless something more comes forward, to me it comes down to whether asking a foreign leader to investigate issues related to a political opponent is illegal or abuse of power. I would like to see Trump gone, but this is starting to fall into just a slimy game of thrones ploy on both sides.
    Itís a sad commentary on how quickly trump has degraded expectations of our president when it doesn't seem blisteringly wrong that a president would call up a foreign leader and strongly pressure him to dig up dirt on a political opponent for an upcoming election.

And he didnt have to say Ďor i will withhold the defense aid you desperately need.í Mob bosses donít have to explicitly say such things. Of course maybe he actually did, since weíve only seen the white house version of the transcript.

If only he had recounted his explicit threat on camera like Joe Biden did. Then there would be no need for all the dot-connecting.

Trump is known for rarely coming right out and stating the obvious; the threat is implied. Probably an old capo trick taught him as a youth.

Thread Information