Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Given the scammy, cover up style rules that Moscow Mitch has crafted the senate might as well just vote to not convict right off the bat. It would save time and be more honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Given the scammy, cover up style rules that Moscow Mitch has crafted the senate might as well just vote to not convict right off the bat. It would save time and be more honest.
    Aren’t they the same scammy, cover up rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Aren’t they the same scammy, cover up rules that applied for the Clinton impeachment?
    I'm watching Schiff and Nadler on their daily propaganda appearance on cable news. They're arguing that this trial shouldn't be compared to the Clinton trial because his was done fairly and this one is not. This one is not bi-partisan because there's a very good chance he won't be convicted. I'm not sure why the previous non-conviction was bi-partisan and this potential one is not, maybe because that's not the desired result?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Did the Clinton trial require a require vote to allow new witness/document testimony or did these things just come forward voluntarily?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Did the Clinton trial require a require vote to allow new witness/document testimony or did these things just come forward voluntarily?
    The apparently voted 56-44 to allow depositions from three witnesses. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...144249727.html
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I guess it would follow from your argument that when a president uses coercion over a foreign power to influence our election, there's really legally nothing we can do about it other than vote him/her out in the next election. Although other foreign influence over our elections are not ok.
    I think that using undue influence to achieve any result whether it be in elections or forcing citizens to purchase products they don't want or punish those believed to be guilty of thought crimes should be resolved at the ballot box. So yeah, I guess so.

Impeachment was designed to protect the country from someone putting their interests ahead of the national interest. I don't think the House made the case that the national interest was harmed in this instance, even though it was unseemly, and the real effort is to influence the next election through political theater. That leaves me wondering whether or not we should allow the Democrats to succeed in their efforts to influence that election through Congressional action or make a statement that we're tired of their foolishness.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I am busy busy busy right now until April so I have not had time to keep up with this latest. So the question I have to pose is simple: Should I be anticipating an impeachment celebration or not? I'm sensing some impeachment momentum? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    So the question I have to pose is simple: Should I be anticipating an impeachment celebration or not? I'm sensing some impeachment momentum? Rob
    Trump has already been impeached.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Trump has already been impeached.
    Let me be clear then, bae. To me impeachment means being kicked to the curb. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Let me be clear then, bae. To me impeachment means being kicked to the curb. Rob
    Except that it doesn't, Clinton was impeached but not kicked to the curb, Andrew Johnson was impeached but not kicked to the curb. In the history of this country no President has ever been kicked to the curb. You should stop using that term if you refuse to understand it and be honest in your desires. You want the Senate to do something no previous Senate has ever done, remove a sitting President from office because you don't like him and fear that your party cannot field a candidate capable of beating him in the next election.

You should have had your party weeks ago cause if there's any political civility left in this country the celebration outfit you bought well before this impeachment process began will be out of style and moth eaten before you get another opportunity.

Thread Information