Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things you wish you were good at, but you're not and vice versa

People who are strong in visual-spatial intelligence are good at visualizing things. These individuals are often good with directions as well as maps, charts, videos and pictures.
    Some of your strengths include:

Putting puzzles together
    Interpreting pictures, graphs and charts
    Drawing, painting and the visual arts
    Recognizes patterns easily

That said, I am not good at puzzles but love art and design.

ETA: After thinking things over, I realized that I am good at puzzles just not jigsaws. I love trying to figure out why things are the way they are so question everything.
    Last edited by razz; 10-2-19 at 9:10pm.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I got this, which is so far off base it's pretty funny:

People who are strong in visual-spatial intelligence are good at visualizing things. These individuals are often good with directions as well as maps, charts, videos and pictures.
    Some of your strengths include:

Putting puzzles together
    Interpreting pictures, graphs and charts
    Drawing, painting and the visual arts
    Recognizes patterns easily

Naturalistic Intelligence.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I forgot sewing. I've always been fascinated by it, watched Saturday morning shows with Nancy Zieman, collected sewing books, have more than one sewing machine, made a couple of garments...I don't seem to have the patience for it, and commercial patterns are--as the saying goes--an idiot's delight. I may give it another try, but...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I forgot sewing. I've always been fascinated by it, watched Saturday morning shows with Nancy Zieman, collected sewing books, have more than one sewing machine, made a couple of garments...I don't seem to have the patience for it, and commercial patterns are--as the saying goes--an idiot's delight. I may give it another try, but...
    That's a skill I put on the shelf for a long time, except for Halloween. As a matter of fact, I just asked my DD if I could have the old basic sewing machine I gave her a few Christmases ago (she bought a super-duper one). I love to sew--one of the many aspirations I had was to be a costume designer for the stage. I made all my clothes in high school, and I made really kick-butt Halloween costumes for my kids over the course of 25 years!!! (The last one was Edward Scissorhands for my then-19 year old son)

I've also done curtains, and I'm about to try slipcovers for my consignment shop wing chairs. I'll let you know how it goes!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information