Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you wish you were good at, but you're not and vice versa

I also wish I had the home repair skill set, but most especially carpentry and I am learning, slowly but surely! I think I have the motivation to achieve some degree of competence, but I don't think I have a natural talent in that area.
    My real area of innate talent is organization. I am good at putting systems in place to keep items from being lost and tasks or events from being forgotten. It is all very boring stuff, but it makes life flow more smoothly, and definitely comes in handy in the context of helping my mother manage life with early Alzheimer's, for one example.
    I also sometimes wish I had a more creative and artistic skill set, but then who would help DH keep track of his wallet, keys and phone, and help Mom manage her meds and appointments?
    I hated math when I was younger, and loved it in college. I really enjoyed my statistics class!

Rosa I am good at organizing things too. And I like to do it. Yes, I think it’s innate. But that statistics class! I guess we couldn’t be friends after all.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    And I'm also in the "hopeless at math" crowd--but only algebra. I got straight As in geometry. Proving theorems was so much fun.
    I excelled at algebra (I should have progressed in that), but I hated geometry and looking back. I'm surprised I got a B.

I did poorly in geometry because I was majoring in recreational substance abuse at the time (high school). I never did learn to roll a good joint, but that is no longer a goal.

Based on these responses, I decided to take a "what intelligence do I have" quiz, just for fun. I came out with verbal-linguistic. No big surprise.

How about you? It's a short quiz and you don't have to input your email for results.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-ki...esult=05eec9ef
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Based on these responses, I decided to take a "what intelligence do I have" quiz, just for fun. I came out with verbal-linguistic. No big surprise.

How about you? It's a short quiz and you don't have to input your email for results.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-ki...esult=05eec9ef
    An interesting quiz. In nearly all questions, I really had 2 strong responses but it doesn't allow more than 1. I don't FAVOR 1 over the other but had to choose. Soooooo...I did it twice. And of course I have 2 profiles which I expected. And both are accurate.

People who have strong musical intelligence are good and thinking in patterns, rhythms and sounds. They have a strong appreciation for music and are often good at musical composition and performance.
    Your strengths include:

• Singing and playing musical instruments
    • Recognizing musical patterns and tones easily
    • Remembering songs and melodies
    • Understanding of musical structure, rhythm and notes

People who are strong in linguistic-verbal intelligence are able to use words well, both when writing and speaking. These individuals are typically very good at writing stories, memorizing information and reading. They tend to learn best when they read or hear information and often enjoy debating or giving persuasive speeches.
    Your strengths include:

• Remembering written and spoken information
    • Reading and writing
    • Debating or giving persuasive speeches
    • Explaining things well
    • Using humor when telling stories

that was an odd one. I got Naturalistic Intelligence.

Individuals who are strong in intrapersonal intelligence are good at being aware of their own emotional states, feelings and motivations. They tend to enjoy self-reflection and analysis, including daydreaming, exploring relationships with others and assessing their personal strengths.
    Your strengths include:

• Analyzing your own strengths and weaknesses
    • Analyzing theories and ideas
    • Excellent self-awareness
    • Clearly understands the basis for your own motivations and feelings
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I did poorly in geometry because I was majoring in recreational substance abuse at the time (high school). I never did learn to roll a good joint, but that is no longer a goal.
    There's an app(liance) for that.

Yppej
    Linguistic-verbal.

Thread Information