Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: October frugals

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Lost some stubborn pounds and grew out of my clothes. Have been going to several church thrift stores and found some lovely new or almost new clothes for 2-4 dollars each. Designer mostly, Chico’s, Diane von fustenburg, Eddie Bauer, coldwater creek. I always keep a pair of black pants and a dark dress in the closet for formal or solemn occasions occasions and found a very nice dress for $5 and pants with tags for $4. I also dropped off a bag of clothes that were too big. Nice neat closet of very nice clothes that fit.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Lost some stubborn pounds and grew out of my clothes. Have been going to several church thrift stores and found some lovely new or almost new clothes for 2-4 dollars each. Designer mostly, Chico’s, Diane von fustenburg, Eddie Bauer, coldwater creek. I always keep a pair of black pants and a dark dress in the closet for formal or solemn occasions occasions and found a very nice dress for $5 and pants with tags for $4. I also dropped off a bag of clothes that were too big. Nice neat closet of very nice clothes that fit.
    Congratulations on your weight loss, Flowers!

whisperingpines
    Hi everyone,

My husband and I are trying to save our 1964 Kitchen Aide Dishwasher. The motor died. Not having luck finding replacement parts.
    I really don't want a new one. So I have been washing dishes by hand, waiting to find the part we need.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Congratulations on your weight loss, Flowers!
    thank you. It was easy. No sugar, no processed carbs. Nothing with sugar or processed carbs in it at all. No fees for programs, no meetings just eating one ingredient foods like lots of low carb vegetables, meat, eggs and small amounts of nuts and fruits.

Congrats, Flowers!

I sold some more bits of scuba gear.

I am Christmas shopping and sticking to gift cards I can put in the mail, to save postage. Getting cards like Whole Foods and Panera so kids can splurge guilt free.

We don’t exchange Xmas gifts with anyone anymore. If I had grandchildren that would change of course.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    thank you. It was easy. No sugar, no processed carbs. Nothing with sugar or processed carbs in it at all. No fees for programs, no meetings just eating one ingredient foods like lots of low carb vegetables, meat, eggs and small amounts of nuts and fruits.
    Not sure that is easy! It is simple. But hard. So congrats.

Whisper my friend had a 50 year old stove that she loved years ago. My husband kept fixing it for her but eventually couldn’t get the parts. I read you use more water hand washing.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Nit sure that is easy! It is simple. But hard. So congrats.
    actually when you eat no sugar and no processed carbs, ie real food, your insulin level fluctuates little and you are not nearly as hungry as normal. Many diabetics, even insulin dependent friends of mine report this too.

Thread Information