Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October frugals

October frugals

I’m cancelling my home internet. I have an iPhone with Verizon unlimited and the mobile internet is faster than I’ve got through AT&T U-verse. That will save $40.

Returned a defective register air deflector to Menard's. Hey - $4 is $4.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    Our attempts to repair the toilet failed but we are still working on the dryer. The part we need is no longer manufactured but we have a possible workaround. In the meantime I am hanging my clothes to dry.

Need a good way to make simple videos for my websites, researching the free choices rather than automatically spending money.

I actually had to go to the store for a few things today. $32 spent.

Dinner last night: I made a Greek salad from garden tomatoes/cucumbers. I did add a little feta per hubby's request. We had pulled pork sandwiches-hubby smoked an 8# pork butt Saturday. These reduce quite a bit but I'm going to guess we'll get 10 meals from it. I'm portioning 4ounce per serving.

Breakfast: 1 slice bread from the loaf I made Monday. A bit of ham and cheese and 2 easy over eggs on top. I cut the toast 1/3 2/3 and had my garden low-sugar blackberry jam on the smaller piece.

Dinner: Fajitas. round steak (trade gift from my neighbor for veggies from my garden), 1/2 onion and avocado just purchased, peppers from the garden, tortillas from the fridge. The last 2 ears of corn from our CSA last week.

Tomorrow I will roast the last of our tomatillos, a few cloves of garlic and a few moderate heat peppers from the garden. I'll blend that up to top chicken enchiladas. Oops. I didn't buy jack cheese. Guess it's cheddar this time.

I've got a few more bags of garden gleaning that needs to be consumed.

Going through my scuba stuff and posting the extra bits and pieces online. Already sold $70 worth to a friend.

Another two friends bought $150 of gear off me.

I signed up for auto-renew on our Costco membership, and we will get a $20 gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I signed up for auto-renew on our Costco membership, and we will get a $20 gift card.
    I'll look into that. I was going to say at least I haven't bought anything today, but that would be incorrect. I ordered enough Christmas cards to last a few years from Etsy makers.

Yppej
    I have a vacation coming up and will keep it local and low key.

Thread Information