Thread: Crappy craft fair

Crappy craft fair

At least it was only $15 and the mac and cheese at the food truck was amazing. But I sold $10, that is all. It was at a craft shop that is super affordable (cheap) so people just looked at my stuff and decided they could make it themselves. So tomorrow should be better, a maker style fair and I am probably the only fiber artist. Oh and I did get 10 more people on my newsletter list

You gained time and attention from 10 additional people, you gained exposure of your crafts for a final cost of $5. That is a good deal!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Okay I got a $5 card for the food truck, a break even

Zoe, I’m sorry your craft fair was a bust. I have had a few like that. Last week I “made” $35. Minus materials and gas, and of course there is so much time put in...

There was a larger, more established competing fair 30 minutes away, but it is an annual, so I am going to try the venue again in October. It sounds like yours may not be one you want to try again. We live and learn...

Well today was awesome, I made more than booth fee on my square sales alone. Then there was cash sales that I have not figured yet. It was `maker style' with people demonstrating what they do so I showed how to make tshirt yarn. One person asked about plastic bag yarn so I pulled out my materials and showed him. I sold 4 octopus and that always makes me happy. My hats were priced right but no sales. I have some display ideas that worked and some to improve on. In a 5X5 it is close quarters.

Thread Information