Thread: What I Got Instead

What I Got Instead

With my new work, I've been carrying around a tablet computer, an organizer, a phone, my wallet, and keys. My usual, until very recently was my wallet and keys, that's it.

I can't carry a purse because of back injuries. So, what to do?

I haven't got what I really wanted, which is something fabric, I'll probably have to have made. . . BUT I have come up with a solution. I took 2 on sale tablet cases and put the tablet and organizer and pencil in one, and my wallet and phone in another. I used the straps provided to tie the two cases together and it looks deliberate, although it sure wasn't by the manufacturer!

It's heavy. It's hard to answer the phone. This isn't the perfect answer, but it cost $20 and I DO have a way to carry everything together at once, no fumbling, no exhibiting my computer, etc. I still want to get a cloth version made, but this will work in the meantime!

Sounds like an innovative way to approach the problem. Good for you!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I recently bought a canvas cross body bag on Amazon for under $20. It's large, and holds everything. The longer strap is detachable. I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    With my new work, I've been carrying around a tablet computer, an organizer, a phone, my wallet, and keys. My usual, until very recently was my wallet and keys, that's it.

I can't carry a purse because of back injuries. So, what to do?

I haven't got what I really wanted, which is something fabric, I'll probably have to have made. . . BUT I have come up with a solution. I took 2 on sale tablet cases and put the tablet and organizer and pencil in one, and my wallet and phone in another. I used the straps provided to tie the two cases together and it looks deliberate, although it sure wasn't by the manufacturer!

It's heavy. It's hard to answer the phone. This isn't the perfect answer, but it cost $20 and I DO have a way to carry everything together at once, no fumbling, no exhibiting my computer, etc. I still want to get a cloth version made, but this will work in the meantime!
    A rolling bag of some sort?

Thread Information