Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrant for your arrest?

Warrant for your arrest?

If you knew there was a warrant out for your arrest, would you be concerned?

Yppej
    Yes, but not if I were informed via a telemarketing scam call. Are you talking a real warrant?

It would depend on the jurisdiction and the charges.

Yes, I would, but not that concerned if it's related to minor parking/traffic violations. If I robbed a bank, I'd make sure my turn signals were in good working order... it kills me how people get stopped for stupid things like that when they know they have a warrant out. Geez! How stupid can you be?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Do you have a secret life IL?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, I would, but not that concerned if it's related to minor parking/traffic violations.
    She lives in Missouri where municipalities like Ferguson make their money off outrageously high traffic fines and lock you up for them too. Correct me if I am wrong IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    She lives in Missouri where municipalities like Ferguson make their money off outrageously high traffic fines and lock you up for them too. Correct me if I am wrong IL.
    There are warrants out for people who have a lot of traffic violations.

The situation I am talking about is my neighbor who doesnt show up in court, then warrant is issued. I think two times this has happened, once for sure.

In a lot of places wouldn’t that be a public record that could affect credit, job prospects, etc?

I'd figure it was a case of mistaken identity. Or maybe Bill Barr was reading my e-mail...

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In a lot of places wouldn’t that be a public record that could affect credit, job prospects, etc?
    At the risk of over generalizing, the population here that routinely has a bunch of outstanding warrants does not care about middle class things like clean records, good credit, job prospects.

In the specific case, my neighbor is old and on his last job. I don’t know how credit plays into his life.

Thread Information