Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warrant for your arrest?

I live in a deed restricted area. They will definatly require you to meet the requirements or will fine you the cost of bringing the home into compliance. If you don’t pay I assume you will be taken to court or at the least a lien will be filled.

It’s very nice here and the only warnings that I know of is the need to have the tile roofs power washed occasionally. You will get a letter and time to comply. You should know the rules when you buy. The “ I fought in the war so I’ll park my RV where I want”. won’t fly here.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Interesting idea, using government force to make other people maintain their home to a certain esthetic standard.
    Yes! Bring it on, local government. You do realize this is not the feds pushing a universal one-size-fits-all policy through law? This takes place in a very specific geographic area of a couple square miles. It is local city ordinance. People move here by CHOICE. It is 0PTIONAL to live in this neighborhood. When people move here it is their CHOICE to do so and with that CHOICE comes da rules.

nice try, dude, but no cigar.

And for further information, some of my neighbor’s problems with his building is that his front porch is unsafe. I expect any day now the US post office will stop delivering mail to him because someone is going to fall through the steps on the porch.

The house next door didn’t have any paint left on it but it was due to money versus not caring. They have owned the house for 50 years and are great neighbors. They finally bought paint and it looks nice. I also find it interesting that some people want small government until it impacts them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The house next door didn’t have any paint left on it but it was due to money versus not caring. They have owned the house for 50 years and are great neighbors. They finally bought paint and it looks nice. I also find it interesting that some people want small government until it impacts them.

You are deliberately misstating my position.. I want the Federal government to stay out of the jurisdiction of state and local government.

Local jurisdictions—bring on the regulations. CHOICE is good. varying regulations for varying locales. Appropriate. Reasonable.

Do you get it now?

I also find it interesting that some people want small government until it impacts them.
    Alaskans in the Unorganized Borough seem to be more true to the small government concept. Some places within it have been pressured by the state to form a local government but have so far resisted, preferring to have as little government in their lives at all levels.

Personally I would never live in an historic district or an HOA because I don't especially want a bunch of neighborhood busy-bodies telling me what I can or can't do to my house. Health and safety rules? Sure. But the style of trim or color of paint or whatever? Heck no.

We were in a HOA once and they were like Nazi’s. We got a letter once for weeds in our backyard and it took us a hour to find the literally 2 they were talking about. We left 7 years ago but they finally did something so bad it made the news and they were all voted out.

yesterday I saw my neighbor, the one who has the warrant, in front of his house. I thought it would be a neighborly thing to do to talk to him briefly about it. I asked him if he knew there was a warrant out for him. He looks surprised and said no. I told him it was about fixing up his house. He said oh OK.

So my conscious is clear because I know that he knows, and if There are consequences from the warrant he had an opportunity to know and do something about it.

We were in a HOA once and they were like Nazi’s. We got a letter once for weeds in our backyard and it took us a hour to find the literally 2 they were talking about. We left 7 years ago but they finally did something so bad it made the news and they were all voted out.
    They would kick me out in a red hot minute. I love dandelions.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    They would kick me out in a red hot minute. I love dandelions.
    I would be kicked out as well, as I love my clothesline.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I would be kicked out as well, as I love my clothesline.
    I've got one of those, too!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information