Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey is now attacking the Kurds!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And he's not concerned about Isis escapees--they'll just go back to Europe, after all.
    At this point, he's blown up all our alliances, save his personal ones with various dictators.
    And ask yourself - who benefits from all of this?

(Did you see the bit the other day where Trump threatened to destroy the economy of a fellow NATO ally?)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

(Did you see the bit the other day where Trump threatened to destroy the economy of a fellow NATO ally?)
    You mean Turkey? Hahaha. Follow the real estate.

I read the article that inspired his Normandy speech https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...-wars-n2554328 and don't entirely disagree with it, but aren't these kind of pullouts normally negotiated with the parties involved? Seems like protecting our Kurdish allies could have been addressed then. You know, the "art of the deal" and all that.

... but aren't these kind of pullouts normally negotiated with the parties involved? Seems like protecting our Kurdish allies could have been addressed then.
    I'm no great fan of the US having troops all over the planet, and spending more on our military budget than pretty much the whole rest of the planet combined. I'd be quite happy reducing our presence, and not getting dragged into regional affairs, or trying to play The Great Game with other world powers.

However, I also think that "once you've broken it, you've bought it". In situations where we've already been involved, we need to detach a bit more mindfully.

I'm no great fan of the US having troops all over the planet, and spending more on our military budget than pretty much the whole rest of the planet combined. I'd be quite happy reducing our presence, and not getting dragged into regional affairs, or trying to play The Great Game with other world powers.

However, I also think that "once you've broken it, you've bought it". In situations where we've already been involved, we need to detach a bit more mindfully.
    I don’t necessarily disagree except I don’t know that we broke it. The Middle East is a shit show. We didn’t create that. I would accept that we have added to the instability. But the long-term hatred among people there for each other? Not my problem.

THIS!

I think Putin is the chief architect and beneficiary of all the chaos he's created. I'm sure he finds it all very amusing--Brexit, Steve Bannon and his Traveling Bund, and Trump's deranged tweeting. I really hope we survive.

I think Putin is the chief architect and beneficiary of all the chaos he's created.
    I think he's succeeded beyond his wildest hopes.

I think he's succeeded beyond his wildest hopes.
    Makes a person wonder what deal trump struck with putin to put a trump tower in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Makes a person wonder what deal trump struck with putin to put a trump tower in Russia?
    If Putin is using Trump, I suspect it isn't anything as unsubtle as Bond movie-style blackmail or Manchurian Candidate sort of things.

I think he's just playing on Trump's psychology. That's far cooler, actually. Well played.

If Putin is using Trump, I suspect it isn't anything as unsubtle as Bond movie-style blackmail or Manchurian Candidate sort of things.

I think he's just playing on Trump's psychology. That's far cooler, actually. Well played.
    I can't figure out Lindsey Graham's lightning-fast about face on Trump. Kompromat or the worst case of Acquired Sycophancy Syndrome ever?

Thread Information