Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So supposing Trump is kicked to the curb....

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I can remember when the Left accused the Right of paranoia. Now they’re seeing Nazis behind every tree and think Stalin is hiding under their beds.
    Well, I hear they are marching in the streets these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, I hear they are marching in the streets these days.
    Those tiki torch guys? I don’t see them instituting the Fourth Reich anytime soon.

Those tiki torch guys? I don’t see them instituting the Fourth Reich anytime soon.
    No, they seem surprisingly inept. It'd hardly be sporting.

I think you’re forgetting the sputtering vituperation directed at GW Bush, or Ronald Reagan, or the Great Satan Nixon. I have no doubt a new worst guy ever will be anointed.
    I don't remember it being this bad ever. trump is the anomaly! No president has acted so unpresidential ever! I know I voted for GW...

[QUOTE=gimmethesimplelife;335701]Just curious, which Democrat if any do you find election worthy? Rob[/QUOTE

As stated previously, I like Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend. He would represent our country and citizens well IMO.

I can remember when the Left accused the Right of paranoia. Now they’re seeing Nazis behind every tree and think Stalin is hiding under their beds.
    It is hard not to.... with trump buddying up to Putin and "rocket man". trump speaks and acts like he wants to be a dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    It is hard not to.... with trump buddying up to Putin and "rocket man". trump speaks and acts like he wants to be a dictator.
    When he's not speaking and acting like he wants to be Thug in Chief. Uncouth doesn't touch what he is.
    Surely, we've reached bottom.

I think you’re forgetting the sputtering vituperation directed at GW Bush, or Ronald Reagan, or the Great Satan Nixon. I have no doubt a new worst guy ever will be anointed.
    Maybe when it is all said and done history will tell a story, but I don't think we have had a modern president that has been worse for the environment. His deregulation of oil and gas, elimination of area protections, denial of global warming, and reductions of protective agency work forces are unprecedented. Even Nixon is considered by some an environmentalist with his creation of the EPA. Bush gave climate change a little lip service, although Reagan, the father of modern deregulation might vie for second place worse.

Of course now we have cheap gas and people love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Maybe when it is all said and done history will tell a story, but I don't think we have had a modern president that has been worse for the environment. His deregulation of oil and gas, elimination of area protections, denial of global warming, and reductions of protective agency work forces are unprecedented. Even Nixon is considered by some an environmentalist with his creation of the EPA. Bush gave climate change a little lip service, although Reagan, the father of modern deregulation might vie for second place worse.

Of course now we have cheap gas and people love that.
    I agree. Forget about all the partisan mud-slinging both parties can engage in in every election cycle, there's the hard facts of the Trump administration's complete disregard for the environment, which impacts every one of us when the air and water become nothing more than something available for industry to pollute. Even if I thought he was a dignified, thoughtful, intelligent, strong leader with the best interest of the country driving his policies, if they acted like Trump has toward the environment, I would not back them. Like IL's single issue being small federal government and reduced debt, this is my single issue.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Trump is opposed to everything I care about, so choosing one defining interest to vote against would be difficult, but I'd say the overwhelming stench of naked greed and corruption would loom large. The environment, human rights, voting rights, the Supreme Court, the encouragement of white nationalism, snubbing our allies and embracing tyrants, fiscal irresponsibility, gutted government bureaus, would all play a part. As well as some I've probably neglected to mention.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of "identity politics" or being a one-issue voter...

Thread Information