Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So supposing Trump is kicked to the curb....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    No sign necessary.....all I have to do is tell the cashiers at Food City and mention it around the neighborhood a few times and it will be common knowledge. But addressing your real point.....I disagree. I'd change it to Victor's Eat Free on the Day If A Trump Impeachment. Rob
    Well played!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    When Trump is gone, they will find another monster to deplore. It's happened before.

Don't expect politics to serve as a form of therapy. If homogeneity is healing, I'll take division.
    I think trump is the exception, not the rule. And, you are right... he is a monster. I have always been an Independent but because of trump, I will hesitate to vote Republican again.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I think trump is the exception, not the rule. And, you are right... he is a monster. I have always been an Independent but because of trump, I will hesitate to vote Republican again.
    I think you’re forgetting the sputtering vituperation directed at GW Bush, or Ronald Reagan, or the Great Satan Nixon. I have no doubt a new worst guy ever will be anointed.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think you’re forgetting the sputtering vituperation directed at GW Bush, or Ronald Reagan, or the Great Satan Nixon. I have no doubt a new worst guy ever will be anointed.
    I sort of liked Bush, Reagan, and even in his own way Nixon.

Trump is distinctly a different critter...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Just curious, which Democrat if any do you find election worthy? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I sort of liked Bush, Reagan, and even in his own way Nixon.

Trump is distinctly a different critter...
    As you know I have no real choice morally and ethically but to vote DEM. That said, I see the former Republican Presidents you have listed in a kinder light now. Even Reagan who started the insane income inequality in this country. After this spell of Trump, I can almost forgive Reagan that. And I did see him in a 1939 Bette Davis melodrama titled Dark Victory. He had a bit part and his acting was OK.

Point being, Trump to me is (is there truly a word in the English language to describe him?) so whatever I see other Republicans more humanely now. Rob

I thought GW was kinda dumb, and Reagan was always posing. Too young to remember much of Nixon- I was listening to the Watergate hearings when I was 12, but didn't really understand much of it. But with all those people, I wasn't really concerned about the future of our democracy. Trump ( and cronies) have undermined many of our esteemed institutions (all of our intelligence agencies, the press, the Fed Reserve). He has thumbed his nose at the rule of law. He has pissed off our allies and sucked up to our enemies. I'm hoping that other countries will just see this as a temporary blip but who knows?

I really never had to check the news regularly, outside of the Gulf War. I assumed there were checks and balances, and that anything extreme would be mitigated. I can't assume that anymore.

I respect Eisenhower, and Nixon had his moments. W should have been the baseball commissioner, which was his dream; he surrounded himself with a bunch of warmongers, and history won't forget that. Reagan was a bad word in my family--the avuncular dope with tax cuts. But you're right herbgeek--I was never afraid I'd wake up in a Russian satellite state or to the second coming of the Third Reich.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I respect Eisenhower, and Nixon had his moments. W should have been the baseball commissioner, which was his dream; he surrounded himself with a bunch of warmongers, and history won't forget that. Reagan was a bad word in my family--the avuncular dope with tax cuts. But you're right herbgeek--I was never afraid I'd wake up in a Russian satellite state or to the second coming of the Third Reich.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about the last you posted, Jane. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was never afraid I'd wake up in a Russian satellite state or to the second coming of the Third Reich.
    I can remember when the Left accused the Right of paranoia. Now they’re seeing Nazis behind every tree and think Stalin is hiding under their beds.

Thread Information