Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CNN's Town Hall LGBTQ event tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm still intrigued by the idea of a typical republican. Where do they fit on the bitter clingers to deplorables scale and how do you recognize one?
    If one could apply mean, median, and mode to voters the mode would be the typical republican since mode is the most commonly occurring thing in any set of things. Judging from how fearful republican politicians are to get on trump's bad side by calling out anything he does the mode of republican voters would seem to be trump's staunchest supporters which are the evangelicals who don't want to get gay married and the white folks that think that the coastal liberal elite and immigrants and other minorities are all out to screw them over somehow.

Anyone whose moral compass points to any wallet should probably find a better compass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That's funny! It fits nicely with my occasional surprise to meet a liberal who's moral compass also doesn't point to my wallet.
    Ba-da BAM!

Ladies and gents, Alan will be here all week

Hahaha! I forgot Alan had such deep pockets. I'll have the veal.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'll have the veal.
    Be careful. The #meattoo movement is growing every day. Itchy twitter fingers could come gunning for you for even joking about devouring innocent veal calves.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Be careful. The #meattoo movement is growing every day. Itchy twitter fingers could come gunning for you for even joking about devouring innocent veal calves.
    I have no doubt. But I've done my penance as a vegetarian, and they'll get my cutlet when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Hahaha! I forgot Alan had such deep pockets. I'll have the veal.
    Well I really meant that Alan and his comedy show will be performing all week.

But if he he is offering his deep pockets to all of us that is good too!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Unfortunately for all involved, my pockets are rather shallow. Would someone please tell the Democrats, they won't listen to me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    A typical Republican? Republicans don't believe in the common good or of the duty of society to protect and support the weakest and most fragile. Republicans believe winner takes all is perfectly acceptable and that there can never be enough money shifted up to those at the top. I find their thinking overall toxic and inhumane but they do have one valid point - US debt can not keep accruing like this forever. I'll give them that much. Rob

I totally agree Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well I really meant that Alan and his comedy show will be performing all week.

I pictured him at a dinner club where they served veal (which I haven't had for decades, but it fit the joke).

Thread Information