Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: October Purge

Three more shirts gone, so I'm down to 113.

October was a good month for me. I had a sudden, unexplained surge of energy and cleaned a bunch of stuff out. There is a recycling business in the city close to here that recycles CDs and their cases, VHS tapes, audio tapes. I sent 4 bags of stuff there! I went through several cabinets and got rid of lots of picture frames. I went through my kids' pictures from Sears and school and sent some to each child and saved some for us. Got rid of tons of decorative/useful glass jars. Felt really good! Now I'm hoping for another surge of energy to come soon. It feels soooo good to get rid of stuff.

Good for you, Cathy! I know you've said you have a hard time letting go of items related to your kids, so this sounds like a major accomplishment!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    October was a good month for me. I had a sudden, unexplained surge of energy and cleaned a bunch of stuff out. There is a recycling business in the city close to here that recycles CDs and their cases, VHS tapes, audio tapes. I sent 4 bags of stuff there! I went through several cabinets and got rid of lots of picture frames. I went through my kids' pictures from Sears and school and sent some to each child and saved some for us. Got rid of tons of decorative/useful glass jars. Felt really good! Now I'm hoping for another surge of energy to come soon. It feels soooo good to get rid of stuff.
    Ooooh! Good work!
    Hoping for a random energy surge--maybe they're going around...
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 10-31-19 at 2:01pm.

Great Cathy!

Nice job, Cathy! I'm needing a surge - lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

I have been deleting 10 emails per day, more than I receive, and have cleared out pretty much everything I don't need to save.

Sister and I spent the day at Mom's working in the cellar and we accomplished amazing things. We took out 10 - 12 bags of trash, and 4 small containers of Saver's donations. We neatened and reorganized all kinds of stuff. The cellar hasn't looked this good in decades!
    Right now Mom's whole house looks so good. I am excited because I think she will be really pleased when she gets home next week. Either that or she'll get a restraining order against us!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Three more shirts gone, so I'm down to 113.
    Do you have a target number you want to get down to?

Rosa, you guys did good)

Thread Information