Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: October Purge

Jackets and hoodies are a whole different category for me anyway, and I have a lot of those too, but not as many as shirts.

I have 4 hooded sweatshirts. I guess I don’t own a lot of clothes compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Yppej: Yes, 110 by then end of this year and 100 by the end of next year.
    Thanks, TT!
    Tybee: It's kind of fun actually and makes me realize what an overabundance I have. Let's face it, even if I get down to 100, that's more than enough by far.
    I could make fun of you, but I dont know how many shirts I have myself. I would have to count mine before setting out ridicule flag.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I could make fun of you, but I dont know how many shirts I have myself. I would have to count mine before setting out ridicule flag.
    That's a good idea. I had exactly twice as many as I thought I did!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Be my guest; I make fun of myself all the time. If you can't laugh at yourself, you are screwed!

I once helped a friend reorganize her closet. She owned 125 collared golf shirt. Just the golf shirts alone.

I’ve got 18-20 shirts, 9 bottoms, one coat, and one jacket. And 4 pairs of shoes. That includes scrubs for work. I guess I’m a true minimalist.

16 sweaters and 5 regular sweatshirts. Tammy I thought I was winning until you posted). I only own 5 pairs of shoes.

You are funny with the lists of clothing. I cannot imagine that much clothing in my little walk-in.

That said, all your reports have inspired me to get more decluttering going. Ran into a problem though. I was able to unload a box of DH's electrical bits and pieces to the local Habitat for Humanity retail outlet and towels to the local humane society.

No one is able to accept the inflatable queen mattress with its built-in air pump. I may end up rolling it out to the end of my driveway with a free sign attached on a sunny day. I can understand not taking regular mattresses but the plastic inflatable I thought would be OK. If no takers, I will be paying a disposal fee to get rid of it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Big bag of books going to the library used bookstore today.

A stack of quilting books going to my guild meeting with me next week for the free table.

Thread Information