Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Day calendar website

National Day calendar website

For good or bad, I have found this website: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/what-is-today/

So Happy Birthday to the Navy!!!

And Happy No Bra Day!!!

To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Sorta a fun website - looks like my wife and I are have Pasta on our birthday (we have the same birth date)!

I went to a Life Celebration gathering today-going braless would have been a not-good idea.

Yppej
    I was at Fort Adams yesterday and the tour guide mentioned the Navy birthday and it was cool enough out that I wore three layers and no bra, so I am on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I was at Fort Adams yesterday and the tour guide mentioned the Navy birthday and it was cool enough out that I wore three layers and no bra, so I am on point.
    Beautiful day and a beautiful place!

Cute site!

Today, aside from being Columbus Day and National Native American Day, is National Kick Butt Day and National Be Bald and Be Free Day. For people who want an excuse to eat some chocolate cake, it's also National Dessert Day.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Today is also the 31st Wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Iris lilies. Why isn’t that on the calendar? Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Today is also the 31st Wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Iris lilies. Why isn’t that on the calendar? Ha ha
    Happy Anniversary!! 31 years is definitely worth a celebration! Do you guys do anything on your anniversary?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Happy Anniversary!! 31 years is definitely worth a celebration! Do you guys do anything on your anniversary?
    Tomorrow is DH’s 65th birthday. We usually go out to a nice dinner for one of the two events.

Enjoy your day/s! What is considered a nice dinner in the IL world?

I was walking Benny yesterday after my family had gone home with a full Thanksgiving turkey dinner (and lots of fall chores completed the following day) which constituted a perfect celebration for me. I met a neighbour who advised that because they don't like turkey, the family celebrated Thanksgiving at a local sushi 'all you can eat' restaurant. When I queried her on sushi based on the cooking school experience with raw fish on my Japan trip, she laughed and said, "no raw fish ever."

I continued my walk, stopped to vote in the advance poll for our federal election before heading home realizing that different people celebrate traditional holidays in very different ways. Now I am curious how people do celebrate the usual occasions.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information