Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Officer Fired

Yppej

Phoenix Officer Fired

This is in the alleged stolen doll incident. Rob, you must be thrilled.

One was fired and I agree with it. The other one tried to calm the situation so kept his job. But got a short suspension for swearing at the family. The family is suing for 10 million which I find ridiculous.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    This is in the alleged stolen doll incident. Rob, you must be thrilled.
    OMG! I had not heard that, not even in the 85006 on a day off....though I haven't checked my voice and there's been a few calls. WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Rob

I just checked online and sure enough, Phoenix Police Chief Jeri William's did indeed fire the evil cretin/neanderthal Christopher Myers. I take back some of my 85006 anger against the woman. It took her an awful long time but she did come through for Phoenix. Kudos, just get to the termination part faster next time. But Thank You, Chief Williams. Thank You for being human and for doing the right thing. Rob

One more comment.....I've been engaging in long distance activism against the La Paz County Sheriff's Department (in rural Western Arizona) due to a Deputy named Eli Max violating the Civil Rights of Philip Colbert, a young African American man he pulled over. Thankfully Colbert recorded everything and has retained attorneys for a lawsuit, very much deserved in this case. I hope this Eli Max meets the same fate.....Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    One was fired and I agree with it. The other one tried to calm the situation so kept his job. But got a short suspension for swearing at the family. The family is suing for 10 million which I find ridiculous.
    I find it ridiculous, too....in the sense that it's not enough. I'm thinking a cool 70 million would send a very loud and clear message to PD's nationwide along with their liability insurance carriers, and would perhaps start to usher in some real change. Rob

The family wasn’t hurt and the taxpayers will ultimately pay. The officers won’t pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The family wasn’t hurt and the taxpayers will ultimately pay. The officers won’t pay.
    I doubt they'll soon forget the fear and humiliation they suffered (if current events are any clue, one or more of them could have been killed by the unhinged officer), so I'm not troubled by whatever settlement a jury decides on. A message needs to be sent.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 10-23-19 at 11:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I doubt they'll soon forget the fear and humiliation they suffered (if current events are any clue, one or more of them could have been killed by the unhinged officer), so I'm not troubled by whatever settlement a jury decides on. A message need to be sent.
    This is exactly where I am coming from. Thank You, Jane. I could not have said this any better myself. Let's hope that a message does indeed get sent. Rob

Those sort of claims involving multimillions of dollars while having a valid basis are not sustainable. Taxes simply are increased to pay the premiums. If the premiums are too high, insurance companies will refuse to provide coverage harming everyone. I am puzzled by the glee at making lawyers rich and making the taxpayer poorer. It strikes me as a very destructive form of insanity. But, whatever turns your crank...
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information