Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Testimony against Trump looking damning.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I dont understand why boat shoes. And dressing above my ”station” and worrying about what my European relatives think of my dress.

I understand being happy if Trump leaves the White House.
    Austria is a much better country from a social welfare perspective. Of course
    given that my background is Austrian I am going to incorporate some Austria into my life....it's a better deal.

That being said, it's very Austrian to respect your station in life and dress accordingly as I've already posted. Rob

I dont understand why boat shoes. And dressing above my ”station” and worrying about what my European relatives think of my dress.

I understand being happy if Trump leaves the White House.
    At least I agree with your last sentence, IL. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Alan, you say po tato I say potatato.....the point is that Trump broke the law and now needs to suffer consequences. Quibbling over trite side issues will not make this reality go away. Rob
    Those trite side issues your referring to, are the legal proceedings you NEED if you are to remove him from office. (unless your planning on buying a gun and trying to deal with him, yourself)

Austria is a much better country from a social welfare perspective. Of course
    given that my background is Austrian I am going to incorporate some Austria into my life....it's a better deal.

That being said, it's very Austrian to respect your station in life and dress accordingly as I've already posted. Rob
    oh right! “Of Course.”

I find most all of your posts any more to be pure mental masturbation. You are pontificating for the sole purpose of stroking your own ego. In recent years your posts run exclusively to bad cops, bad Trump, America bad.

But carry on, you be you. I would never suggest that your words be censored, so do not go down that route, but
    I would suggest that, in order to appear less like a caricature, you post at least occasionally about things in your life like the rest of us. Your hit list of topics really gets old.

oh right! “Of Course.”

I find most all of your posts any more to be pure mental masturbation. You are pontificating for the sole purpose of stroking your own ego. In recent years your posts run exclusively to bad cops, bad Trump, America bad.

But carry on, you be you. I would never suggest that your words be censored, so do not go down that route, but
    I would suggest that, in order to appear less like a caricature, you post at least occasionally about things in your life like the rest of us. Your hit list of topics really gets old.
    Look at it this way, IL. I am not getting any younger, I will be 53 next month. I can't change the world and there is so much wrong with it. I do what little I can do as an activist for future generations......if I'm going to be using the earth's resources, I feel obligated to do something. Maybe this makes me appear as one-dimensional as a cardboard cut out, but at least I'm doing something. Can you say that? Rob

Look at it this way, IL. I am not getting any younger, I will be 53 next month. I can't change the world and there is so much wrong with it. I do what little I can do as an activist for future generations......if I'm going to be using the earth's resources, I feel obligated to do something. Maybe this makes me appear as one-dimensional as a cardboard cut out, but at least I'm doing something. Can you say that? Rob
    honey, your interests could be so much better served. So much! Using smarter arguments and effective communication would further your desired outcome.

I have a politically conservative friend who also thinks her bleating into the void of Facebook somehow enlightens people and changes lives.

Shaking my head about all of you in fantasy land. But ya’ll can say whatever, such is the freedom of America.

honey, your interests could be so much better served. So much! Using smarter arguments and effective communication would further your desired outcome.
    +1

As it is, the arguments presented by that sort of "activism" will be pretty much ignored by those who need to be influenced.

It's sad, I agree with Rob on so many points, but until he learns to sharpen his arguments he'll be a detriment to his own causes.

One thing I find odd is how Rob is concerned with how Austria sees things and what his parents think. Not a criticism but I only have known one other person that still talks about what her parents taught her and she is 69. My heritage is from 4 different European countries. I loved and respected my parents but they taught us to think for ourselves and I taught my kids the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    One thing I find odd is how Rob is concerned with how Austria sees things and what his parents think. Not a criticism but I only have known one other person that still talks about what her parents taught her and she is 69. My heritage is from 4 different European countries. I loved and respected my parents but they taught us to think for ourselves and I taught my kids the same.
    I'm not concerned with what my parents think per se.....I am concerned with what my Austrian relatives think, though. Austria works for me better than the US does.....I want to make sure I'm not overly Americanized - somebody that my Austrian relatives might find repulsive. That's why I care about this.

Though I will say this works two ways. What I have learned from Austria as it applies to dating/relationships, either straight or gay. A simple question to ponder- would this person you are dating, would they have hidden a Jew or somehow else saved Jewish lives during WW2? This nugget of wisdom comes from my Austrian side and not my years in the US. Rob

Interesting Rob I would like to think I would have hide a Jewish person. When my son married a Polish woman and I am part polish I thought it was awesome. My Jewish boss said her grandma only hired polish woman as maids to punish them. I read history and some Poles stole their homes and and some saved them.
    es

Thread Information