Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Kasich

some claimed to like him in 2016, I never really saw the appeal, he wasn't anything a liberal would actually want to vote for, he had too questionable a record for that. Of course only a few really supported him and they were Republicans and duh - not liberals in the slightest. Better than Trump? Yea but who isn't? I mean so is Jeb Bush, doesn't make him a choice to get excited about. If some Dems voted for him to stop Trump though, I can not fault them.

I do wish Kasich had taken over running foreign and domestic policy like Trump asked him to, and Trump could stick to "making America great again", it would have been better given the circumstance. That he didn't take power to mitigate Trumpian destruction when it was literally offered to him (I mean it's not like Trump is asking me to run his foreign and domestic policy, but he asked Kasich) I don't know ... Of course he probably would have gotten fired just like all the rest. I mean it's not just that Trump has gone through anyone decent, as frankly I doubt he really had anyone decent in his administration to begin with, but he's gone through anyone even remotely sane or competent at this point, at least in any position that matters.
    Trees don't grow on money

I see him as the GOP equivalent of Kirsten Gillibrand. His principles evolve to match his interests.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    some claimed to like him in 2016, I never really saw the appeal, he wasn't anything a liberal would actually want to vote for, he had too questionable a record for that. Of course only a few really supported him and they were Republicans and duh - not liberals in the slightest. Better than Trump? Yea but who isn't? I mean so is Jeb Bush, doesn't make him a choice to get excited about. If some Dems voted for him to stop Trump though, I can not fault them.

I do wish Kasich had taken over running foreign and domestic policy like Trump asked him to, and Trump could stick to "making America great again", it would have been better given the circumstance. That he didn't take power to mitigate Trumpian destruction when it was literally offered to him (I mean it's not like Trump is asking me to run his foreign and domestic policy, but he asked Kasich) I don't know ... Of course he probably would have gotten fired just like all the rest. I mean it's not just that Trump has gone through anyone decent, as frankly I doubt he really had anyone decent in his administration to begin with, but he's gone through anyone even remotely sane or competent at this point, at least in any position that matters.
    trump brought the swamp... not drained it!

Thread Information