Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal or Conservative overall where you live?

Seems like its mixed in most urban areas. I am in Texas now and just saw the most ludicrous pickup - covered in pro gun and Trump stickers. And this in the midst of liberal Austin. Back in Co Springs, things lean conservative for old timers, ie old white males, but newcomers are stirring the pot. I have yet to meet the highly religious, conservative folk it has a reputation for. Mostly balanced.

Out of curiousity, I did a bing search on "Infamous Zip Code"...

53206 came up. That Zip Code is an area of Milwaukee on the west side of I-43 surrounding the Union Cemetery. Some have called it the "most incarcerated Zip Code", and the there have been arguments about the way in which "most-incarcerated" was measured. The area was the subject for a 2015 documentary Milwaukee 53206,
    The homicide rate reportedly was 250 per 100,000
    Marc V. Levine wrote a paper (linked below) about conditions in the neighborhood 2000-2017, including:
    … Males age 25 - 54 employed 49.7%
    … … … employed full-time 46%
    … The median annual earnings of all workers $18,541.
    … Between 2000 - 2017 the inflation-adjusted median household income dropped by 25%.
    … 62% of renter households paid over 35% of their incomes on rent.

http://uwm.edu/ced/milwaukee-53206-t...d-disadvantage

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post

53206 came up. That Zip Code is an area of Milwaukee on the west side of I-43 surrounding the Union Cemetery. Some have called it the "most incarcerated Zip Code", and the there have been arguments about the way in which "most-incarcerated" was measured. The area was the subject for a 2015 documentary Milwaukee 53206,
    Marc V. Levine wrote a paper (linked below) about conditions in the neighborhood 2000-2017, including:
    … Between 2000 - 2017 the inflation-adjusted median household income dropped by 25%.

Up until this year, my family lived in the Milwaukee suburbs. Our Parish partnered with a food pantry/service organization run by a fearless nun in that area, where my wife and I periodically worked. It’s as bad as that article paints it.

What do you want to bet that ZIP Code is very very blue? As are those around it.

I can see that’s working pretty well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What do you want to bet that ZIP Code is very very blue? As are those around it.

I can see that’s working pretty well for them.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that those residents who are felons will not be able to vote. By one estimate, that would be 62% of the adult males in that Zip Code.

"Very Blue"? I understand this refers to voting Democratic.

As to how well this is working... ? … If the residents vote Blue next time, they must believe it is working better than the alternative. Time will tell.

The Republican Party of Milwaukee County is alive and well.
    10/15 they held "Women for Trump" - Meet Amelia Heup
    10/18 they held "Keep America Great Dinner" - Meet Senator Johnson and Congressman Sensenbrenner" etc.
    10/19 they held "Defending Our Future Trap Shoot and Reception"

Milwaukee residents can look forward to 11/7 "The Comprehensive Case that President Trump is Innocent".
    and other coming events.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Up until this year, my family lived in the Milwaukee suburbs. Our Parish partnered with a food pantry/service organization run by a fearless nun in that area, where my wife and I periodically worked. It’s as bad as that article paints it.
    We could have a dick swinging contest but I will concede that Mikwaukee ZIP Code may be worse than any one single one in St. Louis but I wouldn’t place bets about it. My city is clearly the biggest and the baddest overall. Yay, us! In this chart of the top homicide rates across the world The only US city in the top 20 is St. Louis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...by_murder_rate

One chart I remember from years ago had my own ZIP Code in the top 100 worldwide for homicides in zips and comparable areas.

The residents of Public Housing two blocks away contribute mightily to the murder and death rate here in my zip code. They just killed another set of kids there last weekend with a fire that took place in the absence of adults. The kids were ages 2, 4, 5.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that those residents who are felons will not be able to vote. By one estimate, that would be 62% of the adult males in that Zip Code.

"Very Blue"? I understand this refers to voting Democratic.

As to how well this is working... ? … If the residents vote Blue next time, they must believe it is working better than the alternative. Time will tell.

The Republican Party of Milwaukee County is alive and well.
    10/15 they held "Women for Trump" - Meet Amelia Heup
    10/18 they held "Keep America Great Dinner" - Meet Senator Johnson and Congressman Sensenbrenner" etc.
    10/19 they held "Defending Our Future Trap Shoot and Reception"

Milwaukee residents can look forward to 11/7 "The Comprehensive Case that President Trump is Innocent".
    and other coming events.
    Dado have you forget that I live in an old industrial Midwestern city, A stronghold of Democrats for decades? I can assure you that whatever the Republican Party is doing in this city or likely in Milwaukee doesn’t show it to be “alive and well.” It is present but just barely.

And I think you know or should know that “Time will tell “ us 53206 with its unfortunate residents only gets worse.

I find your post about this ZIP Code in Milwaukee to be odd and random.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-24-19 at 9:36am.

Maybe if the republicans presented an alternative to democratic leadership in either St Louis or Milwaukee that voters thought would be better than the way things currently are the voters would vote republican. Admittedly, in order to be successful that alternative would have to be somewhat at odds with the national republican platform of 'cities are shithole places filled with lazy minority welfare queens'.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe if the republicans presented an alternative to democratic leadership in either St Louis or Milwaukee that voters thought would be better than the way things currently are the voters would vote republican. Admittedly, in order to be successful that alternative would have to be somewhat at odds with the national republican platform of 'cities are shithole places filled with lazy minority welfare queens'.
    Could you link to that plank on the last national Republican platform or any Republican platform of the past few years, please?

Correction:
    https://www.wicriminaldefense.com/bl...in-wisconsin-/

Thread Information